Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Dear I........

Welcome to one of my favorite times of the week
Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan at
Please be sure to stop by Susan's and all of the
other wonderful participants in today's party.
My inspiration for today's tablescape came to
me while I was cleaning a bookshelf.
So after getting distracted and not finishing
the shelf I started to shop the house for
what I thought I would need.
So here we go...
Welcome to My Dear I.....
I wish I could care what you do or where you
go, but I can't.
He drew a short breath and said lightly but
softly: " My Dear, I don't give a ......."
I'm going a little Southern today with my tablescapping. Your going to see some magnolias, a sweet grass basket,
and a pineapple to say Welcome.
So Welcome to my dinner table.
We have wine, bread and you will be served some fresh
shrimp on ice in the martini glasses. Fresh fruit if you like. My center piece actually makes its way around the table, starting with the fruit bowl. Than working around to the magnolia candle holders. I used gold candles. Another bottle of wine. Our bread is being served in a hand made sweet grass basket made in Charleston, SC. It was a Christmas gift from DH several years ago. I have antique butter plates on the table.
Without the bread.
A closer look at the weaving.
A closer look at the place setting, the martini glass
is a TJ Maxx find, my standby gold salad plate found
at a local store here, another one of my dinner plates
with matching bread plates, I think they are old
diner plates, they are very heavy. I used my gold
flatware, and the gold chargers.
I found these chargers at the local thrift store for .50
each, I have five, six would be nice!
The napkins where also a thrift store find, less than
$2.00 for four.
I used two different wine glasses.
This smaller one I have had for years.
Than a larger one, with grapes on it.
Place cards were made from paper found at Hobby Lobby.
My salt dishes with mother of pearl spoons.
Salt dish from an antique store and the spoons were
a gift from a dear friend.
A look at the place setting at dusk in candle light.
Our table in candle light.
"I won't think of it now" she said again aloud, trying to
push her misery to the back of her mind, trying to find
some bulwark against the rising tied of pain.
"I'll--why, I'll go home to Tara tomorrow".
Thank you for joining me, I hope you will visit again
soon. Please feel free to leave a comment, question
or suggestion. I cherish each and everyone of them.
Everyone please have a Blessed and safe weekend,
I will see everyone Monday.
Bye for now,
Sandy

20 comments:

Donna said...

Sandy,
Great start to Tablescape Thursday.
You did a wonderful job on this table. Very pretty.

D

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

That's really pretty!

And thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how beautiful. I love everything about. The mix of dishes and your linen choices are all just perfect. Then with the candles lit the ambience is truly lovely. You have done such a beautiful job of fixing this tablescape. Hugs, Marty

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Very pretty! You've done Scarlett proud! Love your Southern look.

Slice of Pie said...

Love the Charleston basket ... I try to get one everytime I visit there! The table is beautiful. Isn't it funny how different things look in candlelite? Hope you stop by and visit with me.

Julie said...

Love your sweet grass basket... I live in Charleston... This was a great gift your husband gave you!!!
I am having a give away please do try to stop by...
xoxo
Julie

Unknown said...

Just divine!

~Liz

niartist said...

Beautiful Sandy. I hope you can stop by and enter your name in the giveaway at Color Outside the Lines. I know you could do some fantastic things with the loot! :) Cheers!

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Very lovely 'scape! Interesting basket for your bread. Love the fruit as a centerpiece! Pretty in candlelight too!

DD

black eyed susans kitchen said...

This is such a lovely and inviting table setting. The color of the plates is so Autumnal.

Beansieleigh said...

Gone With The Wind.. My FAVORITE movie!! Very pretty tablescape today! ~tina

Joyce said...

Your TT post made me Smile:) Clever and pretty.
Joyce

nannykim at spindle cottage said...

Wow--I love love the way it looks at night kiddo!! Hmm, jealous about the sweet basket--I see them every-time I go to Charleston....maybe I can hint to my hubby...yes definitely --nice for serving rolls and bread! I love your stem-ware. Well actually love everything ;-)

Denise said...

This looks so inviting and yummy. Love how everything blends so well together.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sandy...

Ohhh my...I do love Gone With the Wind and I think that you captured the spirit of Tara in your beautiful tablescape!!! Love the gold and pretty burgandy together...it'a a color combination that always offers such a rich ambiance!!! Your place settings are lovely...love that pretty martini glass...and mmmm, shrimp on ice sounds fabulous, my friend!!! I have to tell you that my favorite thing on your beautiful table is that gorgeous centerpiece!!! Love the big pedistal bowl full of fruit and flowers...so very pretty!!! I really enjoyed those evening photos...so romantic!!! Girl, you did Scarlett "southern" proud!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Brenda Pruitt said...

This gets me right in the mood for fall! Your dishes and stemware are very pretty!
Brenda

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Sandy,
Just gorgeous!! It really is a GWTW table, so romantic! Great deals on your plates and the candlelight looks awesome! Cindy

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Neat idea! I'm originally from the South so I enjoyed every detail of this!

Katherine

Bill said...

Hi Sandy,

Very nicely done! The sweet grass basket is beautiful, truly a work of art! Wonderful fall colors, and you can't do better for inspiration that Ms. Scarlett and GWTW!

Hope your weekend goes well!

Bill

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Hi there Sandy! Katherine at Yellow Rose Arbor sent me over.
I'm having a GWTW blog party tomorrow. If you'd like me to link to this post, please give me a holler and I'll set you up! Very pretty!!
Best,
Nikki