Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

All Boxed Up!!!!

It's time for Metamorphosis Monday at Susan's,
so be sure to drop by Between Naps On The Porch,
for jaw dropping ideals from Susan and all of
today's participants.
See this bunch of boxes?
Nothing really special to look at, they are still in their
card stock color, but they do have great little rope
handles on the side as well as a handle that goes across
the top of the box.
See the great little rope handles?
A great little detail on the side, with little rivets.
There are five, and that makes for a tall stack.
Then while rummaging through a drawer, I came up on
a bunch of these little knobs.
Then I rummaged a little more in my basement storage
room and found this.
So now lets see what we can come up with.....
A peak at the final results!!!! You can see the little white knobs I hot glued on the
bottom of each box. They were about 1/2 inch in height,
but added a little extra drama.
A close up, the finish turned out look like leather.
Not a good picture, the camera bad light or the
photographer, just couldn't get it right.
A closer look at the whole stack.
They have great dimensions, the smallest is 14 inches
in diameter and 8 1/2 deep and the largest in 19 inches
in diameter and 14 inches deep.
Now do you know how many dishes and tablescape
goodies you can get in these???
Lots I tell you!!!!!
So thank you for joining me today for another one of my
experiments. Please don't forget to let me know what
you think, ask a question, or leave me a hint.
I love hearing from everyone.
And be sure to visit Susan and all the others for a treat,
after all Halloween will be here soon and we all
could use the extra treats, and these are the non-fat
variety.
Bye for now,
Sandy

19 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a great idea. I love the stack of boxes, and you are so right, they hardly take up any room at all and I can just imagine a bunch of wonderful tablescape things and dishes all stacked inside. Love it. Great idea. Hugs, Marty

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Sandy! I love the stack of boxes...so unusual! And what a great idea for storage! The leathery fnish looks fantastic! thanks for sharing! Happy week!...Debbie

Glenda/MidSouth said...

They look great - you did good!

santamaker said...

Fantastic! Not only do they look great, but what wonderful storage. I like the little knobs you used on them too!

Michelle said...

Using the tiny little knobs as feet for the boxes is such a cute idea. And it does add a bit of drama to the entire stack.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea!! They look fantastic and just think of all the storage you have now!!!

blessings
mary

Sherri said...

That is a thrifty and great idea! It looks CLASSY too. Thanks for sharing it.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

What a great idea to stain the boxes.I like the leathery look!

Michelle said...

Love your tranformation! Stop by for a visit sometime!
Michelle

Fifi Flowers said...

Those look lovely... nice project!

Rettabug said...

Well, I could just kick myself for the 3 EMPTY hat boxes I have gathering dust in the top of the closet. Why on earth don't I think of things like this? Brilliant!
We always need more storage for our dishes. :P

Brenda Pruitt said...

Those look really old now! You've got antiques!
Brenda

Denise said...

They turned out great. At first I thought you were going to cover them in paper, but this looks even better :) Love your tablescape from last week too, I don't think I got by to see it.
Thanks for stopping over at my place
:)

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

very clever and pretty too! What a great idea! Cindy

Julie said...

Hi Sandy, what a great idea...I love it and it looks great in the room...
xoxo
Julie

Kammy said...

I love those boxes , Sandy ! You did such a fine job ! Watcha gunna put in them ??
Kammy

Its So Very Cheri said...

Those are so awesome. Where did you find the nesting boxes with rivets?

Thanks for the sweet comment on the home tour. We have 3 Awesome homes this Friday.

Cheri

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Wow, thanks for the comments and I am so excited that you have become a follower, it is so hard to get started and the encouragement is so appreciated, thank you for your kind words....Phyllis

Tammy@InStitches said...

They look so nice and have a purpose, how wonderful ! Thanks for coming by my blog. :)