Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

All Boxed Up!!!!

It's time for Metamorphosis Monday at Susan's,
so be sure to drop by Between Naps On The Porch,
for jaw dropping ideals from Susan and all of
today's participants.
See this bunch of boxes?
Nothing really special to look at, they are still in their
card stock color, but they do have great little rope
handles on the side as well as a handle that goes across
the top of the box.
See the great little rope handles?
A great little detail on the side, with little rivets.
There are five, and that makes for a tall stack.
Then while rummaging through a drawer, I came up on
a bunch of these little knobs.
Then I rummaged a little more in my basement storage
room and found this.
So now lets see what we can come up with.....
A peak at the final results!!!! You can see the little white knobs I hot glued on the
bottom of each box. They were about 1/2 inch in height,
but added a little extra drama.
A close up, the finish turned out look like leather.
Not a good picture, the camera bad light or the
photographer, just couldn't get it right.
A closer look at the whole stack.
They have great dimensions, the smallest is 14 inches
in diameter and 8 1/2 deep and the largest in 19 inches
in diameter and 14 inches deep.
Now do you know how many dishes and tablescape
goodies you can get in these???
Lots I tell you!!!!!
So thank you for joining me today for another one of my
experiments. Please don't forget to let me know what
you think, ask a question, or leave me a hint.
I love hearing from everyone.
And be sure to visit Susan and all the others for a treat,
after all Halloween will be here soon and we all
could use the extra treats, and these are the non-fat
variety.
Bye for now,
Sandy
Post a Comment