Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Heirloom Party

What fun this party will be, getting to see
all the heirlooms that are out there in blog land.
A BIG Thank You to Marie at Emma Calls Me Mama
For hosting this party, be sure to visit all the party
people for some wonderful eye candy.
As everyone knows who has visited my blog I am
a nut for antiques and heirlooms, even if they are
not my family heirlooms. I just look at this way I'm
just caring for them until someone else has to take
over the job.
So here we go with a few of my true family heirlooms.
My Grandfathers Bible.
Every morning before anyone got up, he would make
himself a cup of coffee, go to his little study and
quietly read the bible. It's all tattered and torn now
but worth a million dollars to me.
This is a quilt that belonged to my Great Grandmother. Also very worn, but precious to me. You can see all the scrapes of material she used. They were farmers and very poor, but nothing went to waste. An oil lamp also belong to my Great Grandmother. And last, this pump organ belonged to DH Grandmother.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.
Be sure to visit all the other participants in today's party.
Please feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or question,
I love hearing from everyone.
See everyone Monday!!
Have a Blessed and Safe weekend.
Bye for now!!
Sandy

8 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What precious heirlooms. It is so wonderful to have things that belonged to your family. Hugs, Marty

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

GM Sandy...How special to have your family thinds...to me they are the best..and your so right we are hee only to take care of the things and pass them on..May you have a Great weekend my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Marie said...

Hello Sandy - love, love that organ! So cool! Wowee. And what a sweet Bible, blanket, and lamp. It's so neat that you have these things to enjoy.

Thank you for joining me for the party!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Love the pump organ. We have one but it doesn't have the top piece. Yours is fabulous.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Oooh, what wonderful heirlooms, treasures indeed!

Katherine

Tara said...

What beautiful reminders of your family and your husbands. Does anyone play the organ anymore!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Thank you for your sweet comments. I really didn't post to get a pat on the back. My heart is heavy for them.

Cheri

Moore Minutes said...

The treasures you have are so special. I wish I had an heirloom or two. Love that Bible.