Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cloche Party Time!!!!!

Thanks to Marty at A Stroll Thru Life, we are getting
to party again. Be sure to visit Marty and all of today's
participants for more creativity than you could ever
imagine and be sure to leave lots of comments.
Thank you Marty.
When I started Fall decorating this year my goal was to
use as much natural material as possible.
In this large container I just started to layer material.
Then it started getting larger and larger as you can see
in the picture, so large the lid did not fit.
Here we go with the layers, on the top you can see
pine cones, gourds...... Another layer down, walnuts and yes that is beans...
Lots and lots of texture.
In the top I added small tree branches.
Next lets move to the kitchen...
A couple TJ Maxx finds on my island.
A jar of pasta with a surprise.
I know this next one should not even be in this post but,
it was sitting on my counter begging to be photographed.
I have used allot of apples this year for some reason, I
suppose because of the bright colors.
My little cake pedestal with a swag of apples and goodies
under the dome.
Where's the wine and cheese?
And here is my Big Lots cloche sitting outside my door,
once aging dressed in apples.
The apples inside are nesting in moss.... Then the apples and moss are nest in a copper bowl.
Resting peacefully in the ivy as it climbs the house
on a cool Fall day.
And last but not least, a candle I have in my living room,
it is nestled in a bed of walnuts, sitting on a brass tray.
Just before dark.....
Thanks for visiting.
Please don't forget to visit Marty and all the other
creative friends that are parting with us today
and don't forget to leave lots of comments.
I will see everyone Monday at Susan's.
Have a safe and blessed weekend.
Bye for now,
Sandy
Post a Comment