Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Two Old Girls

Want to hear the tale of these two old girls?
Well they were found sitting on the side of the
road!! My heart went out to them, but did I need
another project, (not really, I do have my share,
tucked away in closets, in the basement, attic, well
you know how it goes), but leave them on the side of
the road all weekend, I think not! So home they came!
As you can see they were dressed in old leather
(looks like plastic to me, made to look like leather),
but who could tell them and hurt their feelings? Straw and old cotton for the seat and back, come
with me old girls, lets pretty you up!
Well here they are today, ready for a bit of tea! A light sanding and stain to make that wood pop, and a tag sale shower curtain for a little drama! This is the second time I have used fabric shower curtains for one of my projects and both came from tag sales. I am amazed at the beautiful fabric shower curtains you can find, and the amount of fabric in one curtain.
Lets take a break and have a little tea.
Feet cold? Feel free to use Mr. Bear.
After a little more tweaking and a daytime view.
Ready to snuggle in for the cooler days of fall!
As you can see I have started to decorate a little
for fall.
Well thanks for visiting, and be sure to stop by
Thanks Susan for hosting today's event.
Bye For Now,

9 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love them! They turned out great, Sandy. I never would have thought of a fabric shower curtain, but you're right, they come in such pretty patterns and fabrics.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice redo! You did good. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Sandy, wow! Those old girls are probably glad you crossed their path! I can't believe the beautiful result when curbide meets shower curtain! Linda

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

What a great makeover...this is a great idea!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, your chairs turned out beautifully! Can't believe the fabric is a shower curtain. It's lovely!
Great spot to have tea.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

xinex said...

Wow, great transformation, Sandy!.....Christine

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Hey Girl, those chairs are just stunning.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Scribbler said...

Wowza, you had me at the leopard print! I can't believe the way you revived those chairs. I have one that I call my "mental health project" which I thought was pretty good, but yours are great!

Entertaining Women said...

You've really inspired me. I've never picked up anything off the side of the road, but I'm going to keep my eyes open from now on. Thank you for sharing your amazing metamorphisis. Cherry Kay