Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Does This Count?

I wasn't sure if this would count as a table top,
but I will show it anyway, since I am still falling
behind in my fall decorating. You know we
all have those huge black hole in our fireplaces, so
I decided to brighten mine up a little!
A few pine cones and fall foliage added to the
greenery I already had in the fireplace. A throw in Autumn colors, with a few pillows.
Well may be to make it official for Marty's
Table Top Tuesday I will add a little something to
the mantle.
This might work to.
Without the light on.
The other side of the fireplace.
Hope this qualifies me for
Bye For Now,

17 comments:

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

I LOVE what you did in your fireplace. That's a wonderful idea...

Tonia said...

So lovely. I love the fireplace.

Be sure to enter my latest giveaway for a Gooseberry Patch Halloween cookbook! Visit

http://thehillbillychicks.blogspot.com/2010/09/spooky-giveaway.html

So nice to see other WV girls. =)

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Love the violin being displayed. I recently inherited my Great Great Uncle's violin. I knew I wanted to display it too, so it is resting in a corner of my foyer.

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Great idea for adding interest to the "black hole" now it looks fun and friendly, almost as good as a real fire.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I think that does count. Love your little Halloween vignette in the fireplace. Now that is thinking out of the box.

Lynn said...

Very nice! Lovin' the Jack-O-Lantern in the fireplace:@)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my goodness, it not only qualifies, it's fabulous. Your firebox is wonderful and your mantel decorations are stunning. I love the violin. It looks gorgeous with your display. All of your fall decorations are lovely. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

How clever - the jack-o-lantern in the fireplace! So cute! That beautiful violin is lovely on your mantel. I don't think I would have thought to display it there. All of Your Fall decor looks so pretty. laurie

Kathleen said...

That looks great! Nice and cozy! I say it counts! :)

Debbiedoos said...

Now that was an element of surprise! I love it, looks cool and very appropriate for this time of year.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks wonderful! Love all you've done to your fireplace!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sandy...

I love how you have brought autumn to your fireplace, my friend! The pumpkin and pinecones in the firebox is genius! Ohhh...and it looks great all lit up! But I have to tell you...that one of the things that I like best about your autumn fireplace decor is...adding that beautiful throw and pretty autumn colored pillows to the hearth...I love that idea! You have my creative wheels a turnin' now, Girlfriend! Hehe! You've done a beautiful job...loved getting to see all of your autumn pretties!!! Thank you for sharing them with us!

Warmest autumn wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Blondie's Journal said...

Your fireplace looks wonderful! I love what you did. It looks so warm & cozy!! Nicely done!

XO,
Janie

Allison Shops said...

What a cute idea! We seldom use our fireplaces and I would love for them to be something other than black holes. Love the violin too.

Allison
Atticmag

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

what a cute idea to put the pumpkin
in the fireplace. I sometimes put candles in mine on a mirror tray.
I don't like that black hole look either. Your table top vignettes and mantle looked great too.
Blessings, Nellie

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I do like your Fall decorations! What a cute idea for the "black hole". :-D
Yes - I am pretty sure our mantel qualifies as a table top.
Hope your weather is as nice there as it is here today. 79, blue sky, and low humidity.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Love it!!! Looks fantastic. You have me craving cocoa now!