Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Apple Harvest Time

Welcome to another Tablescape Thursday
hosted by Susan at Between Naps On The Porch.
Come join me today for a dinner in the kitchen.
Our menu is a simple one just chicken pot pie and
apple cobbler with ice cream.
Lots of red and green to carry out my simple apple
harvest table. I'm now using my farm house table
in the kitchen and have moved my smaller table
downstairs.
We have cider if you like.
A view from above.
The center piece is just two swags of apples that I had
in my stash of greenery.
I used two copper colanders to make my arrangement,
just stacking the two.
I have layered my serving bowls in copper pots
then set them on red trays.
Apple candles.
A wooden antique rolling pin and spoon.
Vintage bottles as salt and pepper shakers.
Our place setting consist of a red bowl for our cobbler and
ice cream and our plate for our chicken pot pie. I have
used red dishtowels once again as napkins the flatware
is very simple with red handles. There are no chargers
or place mats, just pieces of green flowered material
going across the table to define the place settings. The
tablecloth is red. Remember I said simple dinner.
A nice BIG napkin for the comfort food!
I have had these plates for some time now, I'm not
sure where I even got them.
The glasses are some that belonged to my Mother.
I used little green nut dishes under the glasses and some
of the candles, just for drama. Another little apple candle.
As night falls.
As the candles glow.
Are you ready to eat?
Thanks for joining me for dinner tonight.
I hope you enjoyed your stay.
Be sure to stop by Susan's for all the wonderful
tablescapes you are sure to find there.
If you have a question or comment, please don't
forget to leave it.
Bye for now,
Sandy

24 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty table setting! And dinner sounds wonderful.

Sandi (Meme) said...

warm and inviting, all the things we crave...

Have a wonderful week!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Ah, comfort food and a lovely table. It doesn't get any better than that!
♥, Susan

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Those apple plates are lovely, as is your tablescape! The pics have a "comforting" glow to them, just like the sound of your "comfort food".

DD

a quiet life said...

very cute!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Your simple dinner sounds wonderful -- what a pretty setting - love the vintage touches.

santamaker said...

Please, may I have some more? Lovely tablescape and your making me hungry for a casserole!

Sherri said...

The table is so very pretty! We love chicken pot pie. Everything is cozy and inviting. I much prefer the simple and love how you have the rolling pin!

niartist said...

Mmmmm, anytime there is pie involved, I'm there! LOL! Lovely tablesetting. Stop by my blog soon! I've got a giveaway - hot to that I think you might like for a spooky tablescape for 4! :)

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

What a lovely table with an apple theme! Everything goes perfectly together. I love the copper accents. Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sandy...

Dinner sounds yummy...ohh, especially that apple cobbler and ice cream...what time do we eat, my friend? Hehe!

Love your apple themed table...simple, yet so warm and inviting! My favorite thing about your beautiful table is that gorgeous centerpiece!!! Nothing simple about it...it's so creative! I have never thought about stacking colanders...what a grand idea! And the fact that they're copper...ahhh, so beautiful! I love the garlands of apples that you used too...so pretty! Okay...I'm committing the colander idea to memory! I just think that is fabulous!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Cynthia said...

Lovely table. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

Slice of Pie said...

Very pretty ... warm and inviting. Hope you'll stop by and visit me!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Sounds like fine dining to me! When shall I arrive?
Brenda

Barb said...

Sandy, this is just beautiful. How inviting and how welcoming this is. Love it.

Barb ♥

Deanna said...

Hello from Kansas!
This is a treat to visit your site for Tablescape Thursday and see what you are sharing.
Luv the colors! Very pretty table.

Autumn Blessings to you,
d from HomeHaven

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Dinner looks fabulous! And so does the tablescape. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment.

Kathleen said...

Very pretty, perfect fall table!

Rettabug said...

Really COOL nighttime pictures!!
I am lovin' all the red you've got....very vibrant & alive. I've always heard you should paint your dining room RED to stimulate conversation. Wish I had the nerve to do it. LOL

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Love the apple theme, and I love the tablescape everything just glows,thanks for sharing, those plates are wonderful...I will have to become a follower...stop by for a visit...Phyllis

nannykim at spindle cottage said...

Very pretty; love all of the apple stuff and the red flatware!! Food looks good, but not on my diet ;-(

Sue said...

Yum, everything looks good enough to eat. Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is very pretty, love the apple theme! The colanders together is a great idea!

Nice menu too!

Katherine

Tardevil said...

Pretty table! Like the apple plates too!