Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Outdoors For Lunch

It's Thursday and that means it's time
to get the dishes out and play.
Thanks Susan for hosting this event.
Be sure to stop by
and take a peak at all of today's
beautiful Tablescapes.
Now lets go outdoors for lunch!
Yes I'm selfish, this is just for me
We have baked chicken strips on a bed of spinach, sweet tea, fresh ground pepper in the wine bottle pepper mill. My flatware is in the napkin tied with ribbonand a wine cork as the napkin ring holder.
Time to eat, hope you enjoyed your visit.
Bye Foe Now,

15 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Sandy, I love anything with checks and especially black and white. What a lovely dining area and your tablescape is just stunning. Love the white feathers and the napkins are tied beautifully and so creative. Lunch looks fabulous. Wonderful. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty setting for one, and lunch looks good. :) If you don't mind me asking - Where did you get your wine bottle pepper mill?

Nancy's Notes said...

What a scrumptious looking lunch! Oh my, you so created an awesome looking tablescape! Great blog, I am glad I dropped in!

Nancy

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What a beautiful way to enjoy your meal by yourself. I would be glad to come enjoy it with you if we lived closer together.

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Very nice table. The food looks delishes.
Greetings, Johanna

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a darling black and white table and aren't the feathers a fun touch too!

Deny Binsar Mangisi said...

nice blog..^
visit me back..

Lynn said...

It's all about treating ourselves well! Looks great!

Carol at Serendipity said...

Very pretty. Lunch looks wonderful. Good job!

Carol

Marigene said...

I love your black and white table for one, Sandy!

Tricia said...

What a fun table setting! I love the two different sizes of black and white gingham used together. And sweet tea is a MUST!

Maryrose said...

Hi Sandy,
Love your table for one. I love that checked tablecloth...so crisp and fun. Lunch looks yummy and healthy.
Maryrose

Kelly said...

I love the idea of eating outside.
Kelly Bookend Diaries

Miss Merry said...

Adorable, and a treat for one! You just have to spoil yourself once in a while and what a wonderful setting to do so!

Mary said...

Oh I love this!!! The checks are wonderful, and the food looks divine!