Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Sidewalk Cafe?

Thanks to Marty at "A Stroll Thru Life"
for hosting this event!
It's been a while since I've posted to
Table Top Tuesday and I really
haven't made allot of changes to my
inside tablescapes, but I have been
working a little on the outside spaces.
For some reason I have really been into
French decor lately. So for my exterior
decorating this year I decided to use
this as my theme.
Here is my little version of my
sidewalk cafe on my deck. I love this
little space, and although I haven't had
the opportunity to use it allot, the few
times I have sat here I have been in my
own little world.
The candle holder and globes are thrift store
finds painted black (sorry not all the candles are
burning, the wind was blowing them out faster
than I could light them).
I hope to use this space for my Tablescape Thursday post, so stay tuned. Be sure to visit next week and I will show the prep table we have on the deck that also doubles as a buffet table when needed. All dressed for a French dinner. dinner. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

13 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Ohhh la la! This looks like a little French cafe -- can't wait to see your tablescape!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! Oh, your little French cafe looks so lovely! What a wonderful spot to sit!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh your little cafe bistro is just so pretty and so inviting. I love black and white and your candles are wonderful. I would love to sit here. I can't wait to see the buffet. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty spot for a cup of coffee or glass of wine and good conversation.

xinex said...

What a pretty candle holder! I love French decor so this really attracted me. Very pretty!...Christine

Carolyn said...

Oh so pretty! Looks like a very romantic spot!

Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

Natasha in Oz said...

This is such a great spot you have created here. I love the idea of setting up a little cafe in your corner of the world. I might just have to borrow that idea if I may! Thank you!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Sonny G said...

this is wonderful. Love the black and white theme you used. Like a quick trip to PARIS~!
~Sonny~

Kathleen Ellis said...

Hi Sandy~
What a lovely cozy little outdoor space...it's where I'd be enjoying my tea!
Have a beautiful week~
;-D Kathleen

Tricia said...

Oh, this is such an inviting scene! LOVE the black and white gingham cloth and toile plate (or tray?). And that candlestand is wonderful! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

Dena Pickle said...

Very francais! I love the black and white and the candle holders are perfect.
dena
sweet pickles and chocolate

Unknown said...

Your candle holder is so elegant. In fact the whole room is set up so nicely. I could easily stay there for a whole evening.
Thanks again for stopping over and dreaming with me -- I love company, as most of us do.
You have a very nice blog !!
See you soon.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.