Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Show Us Your Roosters Party

Well it's finally here the long awaited day.....
The Rooster Party, be sure to visit Barb at Bella Vista
and all of the guest at today's party for the
"Rooster Parade"
Welcome to my little collection.
A scene from Tablescape Thursday. A little canister set ready dressed for the cooler weather.
A tureen ready for an outdoor pot luck dinner or maybe
a Family reunion?
Soup is ready!
This little timer was a gift from my Daughter
and Son-In-Law.
Mr. Rooster always makes everyone Welcome.
Time to cook and you must have a rooster on your
apron.
My guard Rooster, gotta watch that copper.
Good Morning!!!!
Strutting My Stuff!!!!
I hope you enjoyed visiting and I can't wait to go look
at all the creativity I know that is waiting on me.
Everyone have a Blessed and safe weekend.
I will see everyone Monday

28 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What fun and cute roosters. I love the one guarding the copper pots, can't let them get away. lol Your place mats are wonderful too and what a welcome sight in the morning. Roosters are so fun and you have some really neat ones. Hugs, Marty

KBeau said...

A great group of roosters.

Joyce said...

You really do like to collect Rooster items. I like your adorable soup tureen. Thanks for sharing.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! What cute Roosters you have! I love them all!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Bearly Sane said...

Hi Sandy, You have some lovely rooster and I particularly love your rooster dinner party setting on the previous blog.
Hugs,
Sandi - My Roosters Party On

Sue said...

What a nice collection of roosters. I like the canisters and the soup tureen the best. I'm sure you count you timer as one of your favs, since it came from your daughter.
:-) Sue

Barb said...

Hi Sandy, what a sweet collection of roosters you have. Every one is so charming and so welcoming in your home. I love the top one especially!!

Thank you for sharing with us and being a special part of the group.

Barb :-)

Lynn said...

Great roosters!
I like the timer!

Sue said...

Hi Sandy,
What great roosters you have and you have displayed them so beautifully, thank you for sharing,
Sue

JKW said...

Yikes, my rooster apron is on the blog, but not in the rooster blog. I love the apron, well, love all the roosters. Good presentation. Blessings, Janet

Betsy Brock said...

Very nice...I especially like the rooster on your sidebar beside the cake dome! :)

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Sandy! You had me smiling as soon as I saw the rooster holding the chalkboard! LOVE IT!! Have fun today, and have a wonderful weekend! ~tina

Coloradolady said...

Love your roosters, the canisters are lovely. Have a great weekend.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Beautiful collection! Stunning soup tureen!

Big Rooster Hugs & Pecks,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Barb said...

You have a beautiful collection of roosters and a very unique and creative way of putting them together. Love it.

hugs,
Barb

Ms. Bake-it said...

Hello Sandy,

Great rooster collection! The cannisters are my favorites.

~ Tracy

Becky K. said...

How perfect to have a rooster welcome.
Thanks for sharing your fun collection.

Happy Rooster Party

Becky K.
Hospitality Lane

Debbie said...

Very nice collection of roosters. I have the same rooster timer. Debbie

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

A nice collection of pretty roosters!

Fun rooster day!

Katherine

Sarah said...

I'm working my way through the parties, but it may take me all weekend. So many wonderful roosters to visit. Enjoyed my visit to your party. You have some great rooster and love the copper pots. Hope to see you at my place for a little rooster fun. hyacinthforthesoul.blogspot.com

gin said...

great rooster collection. I like those canisters.

Lara Harris said...

Love the roosters, but I was really smitten with Lola's lunch box on your side bar!!Where did you get that? Is it handpainted? How cute is that?!!:)

Doris Sturm said...

I enjoyed looking at all your handsome roosters. Thanks for showing them to us.

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

Loved your Rooster collection! Loved the apron.

Irma :)

juls4real said...

I love the copper pot guard rooster. Super nice rooster.

Juls

Julie said...

I Love your Roosters... I am having a give away Please try to stop by...
xoxo
Julie

Stella said...

The rooster guarding your pot and pans is too cute. And how bright and cheery the placemants are. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy said...

You have a very extensive rooster collection. I'm glad I stopped by for a visit at your blog.