Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Beach Party

It's a Beach Party!
Gina at The Shabby Chic Cottage is hosting this
party. Be sure to stop by and visit all the
creative ideals that are out there in
blog land. Thanks Gina.
I didn't have time to do a tablescape today,
so I am going to just show a few things
I have (hanging) around in my upstairs
hallway.
The next two paintings you will see were painted by
a good friend of ours.
This was painted when our husbands were out jetsking. Just a little photo I can go look at when the winter is LONG.
Another painting we have hanging, it was so large I
couldn't get the whole thing in my picture.
A little throw when a good friend.
Well I hoped you enjoyed my very small contribution
to the Beach Party. Don't forget to visit Gina and
all the talented participants in today's event.
See everyone tomorrow and Friday.
This has been a very busy week in blog land.

6 comments:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Beautiful paintings! Wow, it makes me want to surf the waves!

What a sweet photo of a beach path...it looks like it will take you to the water's shore.

This Beach party has been fun... and fun to meetcha!

Blessings & Aloha!

You also have a very pretty garden. and I see Lola's enjoying her treats...is that Lola also in the next picture or is it another pup called "Copper". They look so much alike and both licking their chops :o)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Thanks for sharing your beachy things. I really like the photo of the beach path!

Blessings,
Sandi

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your paintings are gorgeous. How nice to have them painted by a friend also. Love them. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty - Your friend is very talented.

Marie said...

Hello Sandy - thank you for sharing these amazing paintings! My fave is the jet ski. So fabulous.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Me again. Forgot to add - I spelled out the word "shells" with rubon letters.