Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Johnson Brothers Find

It's time for Thrifty Treasures
hosted by Rhoda at
Southern Hospitality.
Be sure to pay a visit to Rhoda and all
the other creative and thrifty people
out there in blog land. The ideals and
creativity are never ending.
My treasure, I'm not sure if it was thrifty or
not, is dishes I found at the local antique shop.
DH and I stopped one day while out riding the
motorcycle and I fell in love with them
immediately. Of course all I could do was lay
them away until I could get back to pick them
up.
I found 5 dinner plates, four salad bowls and six
coffee cups in the stack for $30.00.
They are marked Johnson Bros and there
are three different patterns and names on them.
The dinner plates are marked The School House and the
salad bowls are marked The Stone Fence, the coffee cups
have a different pattern on them but no name all
they say are Made in England.
The Stone Fence, salad bowl, this would be beautiful in
a Fall tablescape.
The School House dinner plate.
The coffee cups with the barn on them. Even the inside is decorated.
I haven't had a chance to really research anything on
these dishes, I hope to get to that soon. I did see a few
pieces on EBay for sale. If anyone knows anything
about these patterns and would like to share, I
would be happy to gain the knowledge.
This little silver mirror I found at the thrift store for
.25.
I'm sure you will be seeing this little tray in the next
few weeks. It has great colors for fall.
Another .25 find.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you will visit again soon.
I will see everyone at Susan's for Metamorphosis Monday.
Fall changes are still happening here.
Bye for now.
Sandy

12 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Sandy, I love your dishes. They are just wonderful. I love all the pretty scenes and the colors are wonderful. Such a great find. I also love the mirror and the lovely tray. I think you did great. I can't wait to see a tablescape. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You got some nice deals. Pretty dishes.

julie & joe said...

Those are the Johnson Brothers "Friendly Village" they are still in production. Each piece has a different scene.

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

I have some of those dishes also and a few cups. They're beautiful! I love using them in the fall/winter. Great find!

Manuela

Tarva said...

Love. Love. Love the dishes.

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Love the barn ones! So pretty! And that mirror is really nice.

ellen b said...

Hi Sandy! I've always really liked Johnson Bros. dishes. These look great. Have a great week...

southerninspiration said...

I have the Friendly Village dishes,t oo! The collection was started my granny. Usually before the holidays the dept stores will run them as holiday dishes, often for 50% off. You can also find odd pieces of it at places like Marshall's and TJMaxx. My friend found some for me at a thrift store, so it's really pretty easy to find. There are MANY pieces to go with it!
Enjoy,
Suzanne

deb said...

Such pretty dishes. Great finds!

Alicia said...

Gorgeous plates. Just perfect for the holiday season coming up.

Visiting from Rhoda's. Please stop by and say hello.

Jan said...

Hi! Stopping by from Southern Hospitality! I can't tell you anything about your dishes other than I am loving them! They look so familiar and I think my grandmother may have had them.
You got some great deals!

juls4real said...

Love those Johnson Brothers. What great finds and an awesome new collection to start.

Juls