Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Walk In A Spring Garden

I'm joining in on all the fun today
for Fertilizer Friday at
So be sure to stop by and see all the beautiful
gardens and plants waiting for you there.

A view of my willow tree and hosta.

Up close and personal.
There were several hosta plants here when I
moved in, over the last couple of years as the plants
have gotten larger, I have started to divide them.
This honeysuckle is one of my favorites.
Thanks for stopping by.
Bye For Now,

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I bought the lemon yellow honeysuckle & always looked for THIS ORANGE you have to grow up thru the yellow ... never found one ... yours is gorgeous.

Have a beautiful Mother's Day weekend.
TTFN ~Marydon

Paula said...

WOW! Your hosta's are amazing! Thanks for sharing those pictures - let's me know what I have to look forward too! Paula in Idaho

Maureen said...

Don't you just love when things take root and explode like your Hostas! I think the plants are complimenting the gardener.

Debbie said...

Amazing hostas! I just now am really appreciating my hostas as they are just beautiful fillers.

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

incredible hostas there - they are great plants in the garden.

Erin said...

I started out with five hostas and now they're all over my yard. I love them! They're best plant. I have a honeysuckle that was so sick when we moved in a few years ago that we didn't realize what it is. This year will be it's year, though...TLC should win out!

Alea Milham said...

Your hostas are so lush and beautiful!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

This looks great! Your hostas are HUGE! I thinned my out a few years ago and it is taking forever for them to get bigger! We have what I call "wild" honeysuckle growing on the edge of the woods on the hillside. It smells WONDERFUL! Thanks so much for stopping by my little blog!! I am a new follower of yours!!

Tootsie said...

your garden is looking so pretty! I love the first shot of the willow and hosta....looks like you have a huge yard!
I am so glad you have joined in on FF this week...thank you. I hope you will share with my meme again soon!
Spring is finally showing herself here and I get to start hardening off my flowers this week...so soon I will have something growing outside too!

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

This looks like the happiest hostas I've ever seen...just beautiful!!!