Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Soups On

It's Thursday and time for
Tablescape Thursday at
"Between Naps On The Porch". Be sure to visit Susan and all of
today's talented participants for
this weeks inspiration.
We are having a lazy week as far
as tablescapes go at the Copper
household. Husband is in Atlanta
at school, so it's just the two of us.
And as we all know teenagers are
never home, so really it's just me!!
We have had wonderful weather here
in the 60's most of the week with rain
and cooler weather today. A great time
for me to put my gardens to bed for the
winter. A layer of leaves with another
layer of pine straw and everything will be
protected.
So that's why "Soups On".
We are eating at the kitchen island tonight.
I thought I would use red to brighten things
up a bit. We are having potato soup and
cornbread. I pulled out the roosters and a
few of my everyday dishes to put this
together. The soup will be served in the
white rooster tureen, cornbread in the
chicken basket. I am serving milk from my
antique glass milk bottles.
Our soup.
Hot bread.
Cold milk, fresh real butter!
The candle was a gift from my oldest daughter.
The soup bowls are a set of four and have
different recipes on them, for tomato, onion,
chicken and mushroom soup, printed on them.
I received them as a gift several years ago
from a co-worker. I used everyday salad
plates under the soup bowls to hold the bread.
Napkin rings are from the thrift store. I found
three, a rooster, pig and rabbit.
Glasses are from Wal-Mart.
The place mats were a gift from my oldest
daughter.
The napkins were bought at a tag sale
many years ago, I think they may have
been hand made.
A full view of the napkins.
Thanks for visiting, I hope you enjoyed
your stay!
Everyone have a safe and Blessed weekend.
By For Now,
Sandy
Post a Comment