Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Soups On

It's Thursday and time for
Tablescape Thursday at
"Between Naps On The Porch". Be sure to visit Susan and all of
today's talented participants for
this weeks inspiration.
We are having a lazy week as far
as tablescapes go at the Copper
household. Husband is in Atlanta
at school, so it's just the two of us.
And as we all know teenagers are
never home, so really it's just me!!
We have had wonderful weather here
in the 60's most of the week with rain
and cooler weather today. A great time
for me to put my gardens to bed for the
winter. A layer of leaves with another
layer of pine straw and everything will be
protected.
So that's why "Soups On".
We are eating at the kitchen island tonight.
I thought I would use red to brighten things
up a bit. We are having potato soup and
cornbread. I pulled out the roosters and a
few of my everyday dishes to put this
together. The soup will be served in the
white rooster tureen, cornbread in the
chicken basket. I am serving milk from my
antique glass milk bottles.
Our soup.
Hot bread.
Cold milk, fresh real butter!
The candle was a gift from my oldest daughter.
The soup bowls are a set of four and have
different recipes on them, for tomato, onion,
chicken and mushroom soup, printed on them.
I received them as a gift several years ago
from a co-worker. I used everyday salad
plates under the soup bowls to hold the bread.
Napkin rings are from the thrift store. I found
three, a rooster, pig and rabbit.
Glasses are from Wal-Mart.
The place mats were a gift from my oldest
daughter.
The napkins were bought at a tag sale
many years ago, I think they may have
been hand made.
A full view of the napkins.
Thanks for visiting, I hope you enjoyed
your stay!
Everyone have a safe and Blessed weekend.
By For Now,
Sandy

27 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love this table. I love soup and your pretty table is just perfect, and the soup looks soooooooo good. The placemats are fabulous, and the beautiful chicken tureen is so pretty. Lovely table. Hugs, Marty
P.S. Just a comment. I have a really hard time reading your post with the red background. It's probably just me, but I thought I would mention it. The letters are so small and they are so hard to read.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sandy...

Girlfriend, what a lovely table!!! Of course with red being my favorite color...I'm loving it!!! Those have got to be the cutest placemats and napkins ever! Ohhh...and I love your rooster soup tureen and rooster bread basket...awesome, my friend! Mmmm...I love soup and homemade potato soup is one of my favorites...sounds delicious! What time is supper? Hehe!

Well it sounds like you have been having weather similar to ours! Don't work to hard putting your gardens to bed, Darlin'!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty table setting. I love a good soup and a crusty bread.
I also am having a hard time reading with the dark background and dark letters.

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting me know about my background color and reading my post. Over the weekend, I lost my comment setting, background colors and some other settings. I have been trying all afternoon to get things back where they were. I have changed the background color again. Please let me know if you are still having problems or if
I need to make further changes. And once again thanks Marty and Martha for letting me know.

nannykim said...

Oh, I love your tablescape and of course the splashes of red!! I have a soup toureen almost like yours except the bottom is a yellowish brownish color. Love all the chicken things and the napkins are so much fun!!

We had heavy rains and wind today! I did make one of emeril's tuscan bean type soups today---love soup all the time11

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

Ps. I can read everything fine and it looks nice!

nannykim/blogspot.com said...

pps! Noticed you used to live not far from Charleston, SC! We live 2 hours from there.

Deanna said...

Very nice!
I really like how you've put your table together. Very cheery,
d

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is just darling! I like everything about it and nothing is better than soup and bread and butter on cool days!

Katherine

food with style said...

so many cute pieces!

Martha said...

Love your table with your soup tureen and your bread basket! Makes for a perfect table -- love all of your touches!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks great - Thanks!!!
I have had some problems also, but mainly because my Reading List was not updating - seems to be doing ok right now.
Have a great evening.

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Everything looks so inviting! Very colorful. Your soup and bread look oh so yummy! Mmmmmm! I love your placemats and napkins...really cute! Isn't it just to easy having the recipe right there on the soup bowls!! LOL! Hugs!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I love soup in the fall and this tablescape looks wonderful and fun and delicious too! Cute placemate and napkins.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty and casual. I used to love to do a soup dinner with a nice loaf of bread in the fall and winter when my kids were home.

susan said...

Sandy-I love it all but those antique milk jars make it so special! It seems as if your oldest daughter know you well and has a knack for giving the perfect gift. The yellow background is much better!!! So much easier to read!

Unknown said...

YUM~ Potato soup! LOVE IT! What a pretty country table!

~Liz

santamaker said...

Thanks for stopping by. What a cozy spot to have a warm bowl of soup! Love you colors. Also love what you did with that kiddie lamp that you turned into a cute little french country rooster lamp! Great idea!

Carol at Serendipity said...

I think soup and hot bread are absolutely wonderful for the soul. Your table is cheerful. Thank you for sharing.

Carol

Rebekah@Red's Nest said...

Cute farm style table. I love your soup tureen.

Kathysue said...

Sandy, this table is adorable with all the farm animal serving pieces. I would love to have a soup dinner at this table. love the milk in the old fashion looking milk bottles, great touch, kathysue

Anonymous said...

I love the country feel of this! It makes me feel that I have come in from the farm and will experience the love of family:)

Sue said...

You must have been so excited to find napkin rings that match those napkins so perfectly. I love the chicken basket...so cute. Everything looks comfortable and cozy...I'm a big fan of soup.

Sue

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

I love the hominess of this pretty, country setting. I love all the roosters & chickens! So cute!

Blondie's Journal said...

Sandy~~~

This is just the perfect fall tablescape. The soup looks delicious and the table (island) couldn't look prettier!! I love the tureen...I have been wanting one!! And I love all of your linens, so bright and cheery! You are really creative to make something so nice in a small space. Love it! Your blog is great!

xoxo
Jane
P. S. I am having a giveaway if you want to come by!!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Sandy, I've got a case of serious placemat envy goin' on! They are so cute. Your table looks beautiful.

Bette said...

I can't tell you how excited I was to see the placemats! I found a valance of the same on clearance for 30 cents! I use it over the kitchen sink & just love it :)