Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Bon appe'tit

It's time for Metamorphosis Monday, so
make sure you visit Susan at
and all of today's participants for some
great inspiration.
My little post this week is a very short one.
I've had a very busy and crazy weekend so
I was lucky to even get this one finished.
I got this little peel and stick from the
Dollar Tree last time I was there. I wasn't sure
what I would do with it, I just thought it was
cute. So after putting on my Thinking Cap....
And looking around the house.... This is what I came up with! DH added the hooks and wire for me to hang it with. I am thinking I might add a couple of antique hooks that I have. Then this little baby will make a very good addition to our outdoor kitchen we hope to put in next summer! Thanks for stopping by, please let me know what you think . I love hearing from everyone. Bye For Now, Sandy

20 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sandy, that is a great metamorphosis! So cute, and it will be perfect in your kitchen. Can't wait to see it there when you get finished, and I like the idea of old hooks, too.

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I meant to say outdoor kitchen, but it would be cute inside, too!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a super idea. It looks fabulous. Love the dollar store, they always have something. Hugs, Marty

Kammy said...

Outdoor kitchen ? Wow that is neat and good to start buying now !
Great sign !
Kammy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks great - you did a good job. :)
Love the dollar stores.

Tardevil said...

Caaaaaaa-uuuuuuutttteeee!!!

Maureen said...

It really looks great - love it!

cindy said...

That is darling! I bought some of those peel and sticks from Dollar Store last month. Haven't done anything with them yet....

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! Oh, this will do wonderfully! How cute this turned out! So easy but it packs a punch! Hope you have an easier week.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love that! I think that suits an outdoor kitchen to a "T"!

LizO said...

That's cute. I'm not one for many of those types of things but using the old wood you've sold me on it!

Brenda Pruitt said...

How cute this is!
Brenda

Lori E said...

I am a tole painter and I just love this piece. It would have sold quickly in the store that I used to sell my work out of.

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I don't go to the Dollar Tree that often. Perhaps I should if they have cute stuff like that. You made it into a really nice sign for your outdoor kitchen.

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I love it! That is such a cute paring. Well done!

Sue said...

So cute. What a great new decoration. I have not done anything with those transfer pictures yet but I see them around and they are so cool. Great Met Monday.
Hugs,
Sue

The Fajdich Times said...

You are so creative! It turned out cute. Love it! Thanks for stopping by:)

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Very cute Sandy...and it will look great in your kitchen...Hope all is well on your side of the mountain my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Very cute! You did a great job on that sign!

Manuela

Its So Very Cheri said...

Oh---Sandy--if you do something with your clock be sure and let me know and we can both link to the post and show what each other found/created. I can't wait to see what you do--I judt thought it was so cute.

Cheri