Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stealing Time!!!!!

It's Thursday and every ones favorite time,
Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan at
Be sure to visit Susan and all the other
participants in today's event.
Today we are stealing time in the garden.
The days are shorter, and a little cooler, so why not
take a little time in the garden to relax and reflect
on the times gone by.
No meal just wine, fruit, cheese and bread.
We are all dressed in blue today.
The blue wine glasses were a Thrift store find, three for
.99. I wasn't going to get them, then I remembered I had
three of the plates above, a TJ Maxx find last winter.
So it worked out just fine.
The napkins came from the same Thrift store. Now lets add the wine, cheese, fruit and bread to the
picture. I found three of these plates at TJ Maxx for $1.00 each.
As night approaches and we enjoy the warm evening,
talk about how fast time passes. Just stealing a little
time and enjoying life for a brief moment.
Thanks for visiting, and I hope you come back soon.
Please don't forget to leave a comment, suggestion
or question. Bye for now,
Sandy

19 comments:

ellen b said...

Love your thrift store purchases. The blue is beautiful. I'm glad you have that 3rd plate etc... I'll be right over for some wine and cheese...

black eyed susans kitchen said...

How perfect is that? Such a bargain for the glasses and the table looks so elegant.

Signing Out said...

This is so pretty! Such a lovely setting. I love the dishes; TJ Maxx's clearance aisles are terrific!

Jane

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a beautiful setting in the garden. I love your pretty blue plates and stems. Everything looks just gorgeous and the menu sounds perfect. Hugs,Marty

Rettabug said...

The blue is so serene....wish I could find such bargains! They are beautiful together.
I'd love to sit there & sip some wine & nibble a bit of cheese. :)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a lovely garden spot and those dishes are so pretty - what a deal!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

I love your blue plates. Don't you just love TJ Maxx?
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

jninecostumes said...

Your picnic in the garden looks so cool and relaxing. I love what you can find on a budget!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just beautiful Sandy...love the blue/white together and those glasses for .99 cents you did great girl..May you have a great day my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Unknown said...

What a perfect outdoor escape in your own backyard!

Unknown said...

What a perfect outdoor escape in your own backyard!

"Blossom" said...

So adorable.

Brenda Pruitt said...

What a beautiful setting in which to dine! You can't go wrong in my book with blue and white. I'd snap up those plates and glasses in a heartbeat. I love the natural setting and how this is arranged. Just beautiful in all respects!
Brenda

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Sandy! I LOVE your dishes, and what a lovely spot to relax with a glass of wine.. especially while the weather still allows! Enjoy! ~tina

Blondie's Journal said...

How pretty your garden looks, Sandy! The name of your post is so fitting...makes me a bit sad.

I love your plates. Funny how we look for even numbered pieces!! I seem to be buying things in fours, and then I stopped to think, what about company?? Well, I adore dishes and I would go broke if I bought 8-12 of everything! lol!!

Beautiful setting and I love all the thrift store finds!

xoxo
Jane

Sherri said...

So pretty! And I LOVE a bargain find! It's how I live daily. Wish this was set up on a patio outside my backdoor.

Sarah said...

Love the blue plates. This is a lovely setting in the garden. I so enjoyed my visit. Life has been coming at me fast so I didn't get a table done for this week. Hope to be back next week with something to share. ~ Sarah

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is very pretty! Love those blue plates! Beautiful setting!

Katherine

Jane said...

Lovely! Isn't it fun to find such fabulous deals on beautiful dishes?

Jane (Artfully Graced)