Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy Birthday

It's Thursday and that means Tablescape Thursday.
Be sure to hop over to Susan's at
Between Naps On The Porch for a look at her magical
creation and then visit with all the others that are
joining in today's event.
Today I would like to show you the tablescape I did for
a dear friend of mine.
You see it was her Birthday and she was feeling a little
down in the dumps. I won't mention the number,
although I will never see that small number again,
30 for me was a bad day, and when 50 rolled around
I was feeling better about life than I had for years. I
think that I had put allot of things in the place they
should be. Some things in life just aren't worth
worrying about.
So lets start the Party!!!
We had a pink and black party.
I used an antique pink quilt for the tablecloth, pink
balloons and candles.
I have used black place mats with black and white stripped napkins, a TJ Maxx find. Napkin rings are pink beaded. The guest of honors party hat.
Lots of girlie pink candle light.
Pink rose petals.
This was just a busy table.
Our place cards were these little banks that look like
purses, I used two black and two pink.
A full view of the place setting, pale pink wine glasses,
flatware by Gibson. Pink beaded charms on the glasses.
My standby black dishes, with a treat in the middle.
A TJ Maxx find.
This is so true!!!
A final look before we eat.
Smile Kim, It's not that bad and I haven't told that
small magical number! I know your looking!!!!
Ready to eat?????
Comfort food for a cool night.
Creamy potato soup, corn muffins, cheese ball, fresh
baked pear mini tarts and of course coffee or tea.
Well I hope you enjoyed our little Birthday Party.
I know your reading this Kim, so once again Happy Birthday.
Thanks for visiting and I hope you take a minute to leave a
comment, suggestion or question.
I'll see everyone at "The Cloche Party" Friday.
Bye for now,
Sandy

20 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This is just fabulous. I love all the decorations and the dishes are wonderful. The "girls" plates are just the cutest ever and I also really like the polka dot plates and that little purse is so pretty. Your menu sounds soooooo good. I love all of it. Just perfect. Also, I am so excited to see what you've created for the party tomorrow. Hugs, Marty

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Great party table. I hope it made your friend feel better. I always love celebrating birthdays. I've just gotten where I don't tell which one!

Christi

Unknown said...

What a great girl's birthday party for your friend! I love when women can indulge the little girls in them. Nicely done!

Allison said...

What a nice thing to do for your friend. The little purses are so cute.

Slice of Pie said...

Love pink and black combined! Cute table ... great theme. Hope you'll drop by my spot to visit!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh fun! Now this looks like a PARTY! Nobody could be down in the dumps at this tablescape. Cute!

Sharlotte said...

What a fun table. You are a super friend...I'm sure Kim had a wonderful evening. I love the pink and black ~ it's so feminine. Great plates...they are so true! Thanks for sharing.

Sarah said...

I like all your black dishes and the stripe linens. All just wonderful! ~ Sarah

Eileen said...

This is a beautiful party table! What a wonderful friend you are! I love everything you did, and I'm stealing all your ideas!

Such a Happy Birthday indeed!
All the best,
Eileen

Rettabug said...

I'm sure you brought a smile to your friend's face with all these special details for her party. I saw those cute "girls night out" dishes at TJ yesterday & now I'm kicking myself for not getting them. You KNOW I'm going back, now!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Sandy! How sweet of you to throw a party for your friend!! Why do we attach so much importance to those numbers?? I am sure your party cheered her right up! Everything is so cute and girly!! Happy birthday to your friend!...Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! What a lovely birthday table and how special you've made your friend feel. Love those little girly plates!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;0

xinex said...

What a festive looking table! Love your plates. Everything looks so much fun!...Christine

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Wow, what a party! Fantastic table setting. It is so much fun!

Denise Marie said...

Girl, it is awesome! What fun is that...serious memory making time. Happy B-day

Deanna said...

This is a super post for Tablescape Thursday!
I love the pink and black together.
You did a great presentation for your friend and I'm so glad I got to see this.
God Bless,
d from homehaven

Cottage Rose said...

Hi Sandy; What a fun and pretty party table setting.. I love all the great ideas you came up with.. the colors are so great.... thanks for sharing... How luck is your friend to have a friend like you.... Happy Birthday to her...

Hugs;
Alaura

Denise said...

What a great setting, I'm sure your friend was cheered right up when she saw this. I love pink and black for a girly celebration :)

Unknown said...

A perfect party table. I would feel VERY special if this was my birthday!:)

~Liz

Kathleen said...

That is so cute!