Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

They Hatched

Be sure to stop by
for a visit with Susan and all
of today's participants.
My little ones have hatched!
She was off the nest once last
week with the eggs uncovered
and I was able to count seventeen
eggs. I'm not sure how many have
hatched, it's very chilly here, cold and
rainy, so all I have been able to see
was a little head peaking out every
now and then. I will have some great
pictures next week to share.
Mom seems to be very relaxed and
calm when I go to the nest, she is
letting me put her food within
about six inches of the nest.
I don't have allot to post this week, we have
had allot of rain and like I said its very chilly.
I did manage to find some cute little outdoor
lights over the weekend.
They are little copper lanterns, (You know
Copper~n~Things).
I put them in the ivy I have growing on the
side of the house. I need to get another set
and have them go up the ivy a little more.
This side of the house gets allot of evening
sun and stays very cool in the summer. I'm
thinking a nice place to sit and relax.
Maybe a future project???
Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Bye For Now,

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Another awwwww moment of spring!

Have a great week.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Hi Sandy, Thanks for dropping by yesterday. The lamps look great all hung up. I like the white bird cage you have on the right side of your blog. That is a great find. Have a good day..Julian

Melissa Miller said...

Oh how precious Sandy! Love the lantern too! :)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Seventeen eggs, wow! That's a lot of babies. Love the lanterns hung in the ivy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! Oh, I love those little lights you places in your vines! You neighbors will think you have the biggest fireflies around! Cute idea. Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)