Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Story Of Two Lanterns

Thanks Susan for hosting today's event.
Be sure to stop by
and visit with all of today's participants.
Last week I told you, I would milk one more
post from my kitchen update, but I decided
to take it outside this week.
This is a little lantern I have on my deck, (I know
change the light bulb), she has a matching sister,
in far worse shape than she was in. This one looks
pretty good after a good cleaning and a fresh coat
of paint.
Her matching sister had more problems,
missing electrical cords ,etc., she had lived a harder
life!
DH offered to rewire and get her going again,
but I told him I thought I might have a
better ideal!!
He was great to cut all the wire screen for me,
and after a little cleaning and a couple coats
of black paint....
The screen was left over from the kitchen
cabinet project, the lanterns were FREE,
so after hitting my stash of black paint...
I'm Happy!!!!!
They still need one more coat of paint, rain, rain
go away.
Perfect spot for a morning cup of coffee,
afternoon tea or maybe a glass of wine in
the evening.
Hope you enjoyed your visit, don't forget to let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!!! Bye For Now,

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. It's perfect.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the black furniture. Is that a tassel I see hanging from the lantern? Precious.

Lori said...

Beautiful!!! I love the color.

Thanks for stopping by..

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love what you did with that lantern. It looks great.

Alyssa said...

I love the change in color on the lantern...it looks great!

alyssa
lifeoflyssie.com

Debbiedoos said...

Color is fabulous, it looks very classy...I love the light you did a great job!

Kammy said...

I love the new black !
Kammy

Anonymous said...

Morning, Sandy! Oh, how pretty. I love how you've used your lamp! What a great place to sit and do anything! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice redo - like the tassel(?) you hung on it.
Enjoy your week.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh wow! I adore it. What a wonderful metamorphosis.

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Oh goodness, your lamp idea has me thinking and now I know what to do with an old lantern that is in the shed. Wonderful idea! I love your special seating area, perfect in every way.