Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Birds Of A Feather

It's that time again!
Time to head over to
Outdoor Wednesday.
Thanks Susan for hosting this event.
I know this is not your typical scene for
Outdoor Wednesday, but I had to include
this one.
My baby ready for prom!!!
OK now for the rest of my Outdoor Wednesday
post!
This is what I found two years in a row, in my
wreath on my front door.
They are so delicate looking after hatching. Looking a little crowded. Where are you Mom??? Whats for dinner???
Thanks for letting me join in on the fun today.
Bye For Now,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your baby looks gorgeous! Mine goes to her in two weeks. Have a great day! Denise@cottagesisters

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How sweet these little hatchlings are! I've had birds nest in my front porch wreaths as well -- always scare me to death the first time the mama flies off the nest when I pull the door open! Thanks for your sweet visit today - I love having "guests" at my table.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

She is a very pretty young lady.
I know some one who had to take her wreath off the door each Spring for the same reason. It created problems trying to get in and out of their home without disturbing the nest.

Anonymous said...

I posted pics of our hatching robins yesterday. Still at ugly stage though.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Seriously? that Momma bird didn't have to work very hard did she? I love that. Incredible...your own living wreath. really amazing.

And your daughter's dress...even more amazing. She is just beautiful!

eileeninmd said...

Your daughter looks beautiful. My son's prom is next weekend.
Love the birds nest and the baby birds are so cute. Wonderful photos!

Jeanne said...

Wow, I really want to see and photo baby birds in a nest. You are lucky!

jeanneselep.blogspot.com

Ms. Bake-it said...

You daughter looks beautiful! The baby birds are so precious! I would be afraid to open and close the door. Maybe next year you could put the wreath close to the door but not on it. It would be so sad if an egg or baby fell out of the nest. Great photos!

~ Tracy