Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, May 10, 2010

A Rescue

Thank you Marty for hosting this event.
Be sure to visit Marty at
"A Stroll Thru Life"
and all of today's participants.
You will not be disappointed!!!
Well this is my rescue from a week ago.
I have not found to many items to be
rescued or that I would really want to
rescue, since living here, but this one
caught my eye. Now mind you I was on
my way to have a yard sale with a friend
of mine. My little car packed to the roof,
everything organized, clean and ready to
be sold. I have been a good girl and
purging things, that I could live without.
Well I think that car slowed down by itself,
or at least that's my story to DH and I'm
sticking to it!!!
So down the road I go, gasping for breath I
say to my friend, you should see whats
just sitting on the side of the road!
We hop in her truck, (always have a friend
with a truck), and I brought this little beauty
home.
Sorry for the bad photos, I either have to much
light coming into the house or not enough.
She now sits in my dining room, to hold extra
linens. I have always wanted to buy a highboy
for my dining room, just never got around to
buying one, but I think this will work fine for
now.
There is a very large drawer in the bottom,
I just knew would hold my silver case, but it
just didn't fit. So now she sits on top of the
cabinet.
Is this just not great?? Although I haven't
gotten all my linens put away yet, I think this
will work just fine for me.
The drawers are the perfect size for napkins.
Well I hope I didn't bore you to much with
my rescue. Thanks for stopping by, be sure
to let me know what you think, good ideal,
bad ideal, I love hearing your suggestions.
Don't forget to stop by Marty's.
Bye For Now,

10 comments:

Needles Everywhere said...

Oh I love it. And how you are using it and have it decorated is wonderful. I'd probably give a left toenail to have one!!!

PAT said...

This is gorgeous! I never find anything along the side of the road.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great display on top of the armoire. Looks very French or Italian.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Fabulous. I can't believe you found this on the side of the road. I would have stopped in one second flat. I love it and how perfect for linens. I really LOVE the vignette you've created on top. It's awesome. Thanks so much for joining the party. This is wonderful. Hugs, Marty

xinex said...

OMG, that's a gorgeous cabinet and you got it for free? Who would throw a beauty like that? Anyway, you lucked out and you found a great use for it....Christine

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Are you kidding. On the side of the road. Seriously, were they nuts??? well, good for you and I love how you have it displayed!!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sandy...

What a fabulous find, my friend! You did GOOD!!! Girl, I would have jumped the curb...vehicle and all...getting at that beautiful cabinet! I love it! I think it's just perfect for linens...ohh, I'm sooo envious! Enjoy, my friend!!! I also love the pretty vignette that you did on top! So vintage...love it all!!!

I'm so glad that you stopped by for a little peek at my spring mantel! I really enjoyed your visit and sweet note, Sandy! Thank you!!!

Have a terrific Tuesday!
Chari @Happy To Design

Decor To Adore said...

What clever and creative decorating. Well done!

Susan said...

I CANNOT believe you found this beauty on the side of the road!!! You have it decorated beautifully and I love how you're making use of it to hang your linens and store your napkins!! I am jealous, I want one so badly!! Congrats on the wonderful find...I LOVE IT!!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice find! Never saw anything that nice on the side of the road around here.