Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Get Cozy

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me today.
So in honor of your visit, lets go downstairs and
have a cup of hot chocolate. I know I just showed
this little space a week ago, but I thought I might
change things up a little and replace the silver tea
service with a copper chocolate pot and three little
cups from Germany, I found several years ago.
Now lets not forget when we finish our chocolate,
we have to visit Susan at
for Tabletop Thursday.
Are you warm and cozy now? There are spoons if you would like to stir in your whipped cream, and napkins if you need one.
I found the chocolate pot on ebay last winter.
It's one of my favorite copper pieces.
Well thanks for visiting.
Bye For Now,

13 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how perfect. It just makes you feel all warm and cozy and like you've just had a fabulous visit with a very special friend. Beautiful setting. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice spot for good conversation, and make mine coffee please. :D

Debbie said...

OK, I didn't know there was such a thing as a copper chocolate pot.

Now, of course, I want one.
Just to have a cozy little set up like this.

Marlis said...

Well you've made me want a copper chocolate pot! That is an amazing piece. Your setting is just so warm and cozy.

Alycia Nichols said...

I'm with Debbie on this one! I've never seen a copper chocolate pot! It is really cool...or should I say "warm"? :-)

Diann said...

What a warm and inviting setting you have for us! I could just curl up there and enjoy some good conversation or just complete silence with only the crackling of the wood in the fire.

Jacqueline said...

Oh, this just gets me ready for hot chocolate. I love the pot and cups. The soft lighting just set the mood. How fun.

Chubby Chieque said...

Warm & cozy are the perfect words.

Love the leopard plaid (or is it)


Happy TS Day!

Greetings from a chilly Stockholmer,
/chie

Erin said...

Sandy, thanks for coming by and commenting on my wash boiler. It has a copper bottom, but yep, the rest is tin(I think). Love your copper items, and this sure is cozy:)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Your photos have such a wonderful copper glos to them. This looks like a perfectly cozy spot!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Sandy! What a wonderfully cozy space! Now I want one of those pots! lol Have a great weekend...hugs...Debbie

Entertaining Women said...

MMMMMM....the hot chocolate was perfection...as was the company. We'll go visit BNOTBP....just as soon as I wake up from a little nap. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Sandra said...

How wonderful you can think of hot chocolate...it was still around 100 today in AZ. I'm looking forward to the day when I can have a cup of chocolate! Looks like a perfect place to sit and visit.