Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, September 20, 2010

A Touch Of Fall

Thanks to Marty at
for hosting and giving everyone the opportunity
to share ideals.
I have been moving in the direction of fall
decorating, but I haven't gotten allot accomplished
to tell you the truth. I just don't want to let
go of summer!
Here are a few little vignettes I have in my
dining room. I left the dark burgundy tablecloth
on the table and started adding oranges and golds.

The old crock holding the dried hydrangeas

is hand made. I bought it years ago from a

friend who was in the process of downsizing

from her family home in Charleston. She told
me stories of her Grandmother using the crock
in the fireplace with fresh flowers from the
garden to brighten things up a little. Her
memories and stories were priceless. How
many of us have the opportunity to live in an
old plantation house where generations of our
family have lived and handed down stories and
traditions?
The amber glasses were a thrift store find and
the candelabra a yard sale find. All I have to
do is add plates and flatware, then dinner will be
served!
Orange napkins, brass napkin rings, on rattan place mats.
The place mats were also found at a yard sale
for.....
Are you ready?
$1.00 for four!!! Can't beat a deal like that!!
A bad picture of the tablecloth, very bad color!
Now for the sideboard!
Have to add a little copper, after all this is
Copper~n~Things!
I found this copper bowl at Cracker Barrel
several years on sale after Thanksgiving.
Lets move onto my Grandmothers desk.
Now I have a confession!
I planned on participating in Marty
Cloche Party, but I was a week off!
Go figure, I thought this Friday was the
17th, imagine my surprise, when I logged
on Friday night and saw all the cloche vignettes! How funny is that?
I changed the large picture over the desk to
this one I found years ago at a yard sale.
I just think it looks like fall. This is the same
picture I used last fall in my foyer with the
orange plates. Same ole decorations, just used
in different rooms. Who knows where it will be
next year!
Well thank for visiting. Hope I didn't bore you
tooooooo... much. Hope to be with everyone
Thursday for TT at Susan's.
Bye For Now,

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Looks like you're getting into fall! Love the crock and your amber glasses!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh your decorations are just gorgeous. I love the touches of orange and your placemats and linens are perfect. The crock is such a wonderful piece to have. I love your cloches and hurricanes. Using the copper bowl is such a great fall touch. I love, love, love all of your round boxes stacked on the side. Fabulous. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. I am so sorry you missed the cloche party, but I am thrilled you linked up here. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I really like your Fall decor. I love the amber glasses and you got a great deal on the placemats. I am NOT ready to let go of Summer either. I love Fall, but also know what comes after. Really like the stacked boxes.
Hope you are having a great week.

Amy Kinser said...

Wonderful colors! Everything is so pretty.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sandy...

Ohhh my...your home is looking so beautiful in its new autumn dress, my friend! I love the crock full of hydrangeas...it makes such a pretty table centerpiece! I also enjoyed your pretty cloche! So sorry that you missed the cloche party...sheesh, I'm doing things like that all the time, Sandy! Anyway, I sure enjoyed your beautiful autumn decor...thanks for sharing it with us! I also wanted to thank you for coming by and taking a peek at my autumn dining room! Your sweet note made my heart smile...thank you!!!

Warmest autumn wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS..so warm and glowing! You do fall up right :)

Blessings!
Gail

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very pretty fall decor! I enjoyed seeing it and hearing the stories. Your copper is perfect for fall!

Katherine

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Beautiful!!! I love the copper touches!

Barbara said...

This is so warm and inviting. I just love your copper touches. The cloches are so pretty too.