Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Where We Gather

It's been sometime since I posted for
Tablescape Thursday, but maybe
things will get a little less hectic for me with
summer winding down.
So be sure to stop by
to visit and see all the wonderful ideals waiting
for you there. We have a center island in our kitchen and
it seems anyone who visits always ends up
there. The three of us usually have our meals
here, but today it's just the two of us for a
little soup and salad!
Nothing here is new, everything is recycled from
previous years. The black plate is acting as my
charger and the orange plate playing the role of
my salad plate. I used the little pumpkin mug
as a soup bowl. The napkins and place mats
were found at a thrift store.
The stemware and plates came from Penny's
many, many years ago.
These little mugs came from a yard sale
again, many, many years ago.
Well thanks for visiting, I hope to see everyone
Sunday. I have a new project going on in my
kitchen (a faux fireplace mantle), I'm not sure
if I will be able to get everything finished by
Sunday, but I'm trying. Maybe I can give
you a sneak peak.
See you next week.
Bye for now,

15 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty Fall table setting! You really did great job.
Soup and salad sounds good.
Another hot one today, so may stay in and do a little more Fall decorating around here.

jninecostumes said...

Great way to mix and match stuff around the house. Shows how things can be reused over and over in different ways. Black and Orange is classic.

Kathleen said...

You are all set for Halloween. Love the plaid!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love your pretty mixture here -- I love a soup and salad supper. Now if the weather would just start feeling like Fall!

Sonny G said...

What a lovely fall table setting.
Soup and salad is always a perfect dinner to me.
thank you for sharing this with us..

Sonny

Sonny G said...

What a lovely fall table setting.
Soup and salad is always a perfect dinner to me.
thank you for sharing this with us..

Sonny

Barbara said...

Soup and salad are my favorites for dinner. This is such a pretty little spot to enjoy a meal. I love the colors you used.

Melissa Miller said...

How pretty and festive it looks for fall Sandy! :)

Marigene said...

Fabulous table, love the oranges and black...I am excited to be doing an actual Halloween table next month! The napkins are great.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Darling little mugs. Perfect for soup. Very festive.

Tricia said...

Your seasonal plates look great with those checked linens! I really think I "need" some black plates! Wonderful touches of fall in the centerpiece!

Entertaining Women said...

You have a wonderful eye for design...I love when we take and use the things that we have on hand. You did a great job with your tablescape. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Marlis said...

I love to see when creativity takes over the need for anything new. It's all very charming.. I love those placemats.

Beth said...

I just love your tablescape! The orange and black look so festive. Autumn is a time of beauty and bounty and you've demonstrated that in your lovely table.
Hugs, Beth

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

The pumpkin mugs are such a clever idea for soup. Love all of the plaid. This is such a pretty fall tablescape. laurie