Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My First White Wednesday

This is my first time joining in on the fun of
White Wednesday hosted by Kathleen at
This is not a lengthy post, but if you haven't
taken a vacation yet, as I have not. Maybe it
will make you feel as though you are on one!! Some photos of my trip to Charleston last
summer!!
Who wouldn't want to live here!!!
I could live here and be just as comfortable!! Gotta love this garden and the porch!!
Does this cool you off??
I thought I would just throw this one in.
My daughter loved this fountain, we have taken
her here since she was a toddler. Now she doesn't
want to mess up her hair!! Go figure!!
Thanks for visiting and for letting me join in.
Bye For Now,

4 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Sandy that house looks just turn key find for me girl ha ha!! Oh to have a history home like that sighs...Hope your having a GREAT day my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria ps what's a vacation lol!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Beautiful old house. Thanks for sharing your trip.Weather man said heat index may go as high as 118 tomorrow - just to high for the humidity here. :( Hope it is cooler where you are.

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Lovely pics, but my fav is the fountain! Love the grouping with the fern in the previous pic. I moved a porch fern inside the house, but feel like I need to rotate it in and out to the deck to keep it healthy. Is your fern doing well inside? Linda

nannykim said...

We love Charleston too. I have a recent photo in that very fountain when we met my Son from Seattle. He was picking up his girlfriend who lives in Charleston to take back to Seattle for the summer.

We like to go to Charleston every so often and love it in December in the cooler weather.