Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, August 2, 2010

A Little Old Fashioned

I been a very Lazy blogger this summer, preferring
to enjoy the outdoors and a little socializing.
But today I decided to join Marty at
for the Table Top party, so come join me and
drool over all the wonderful ideals waiting for
you there.
I know my contribution today is not a table top
but just to be honest, I haven't been doing allot
of anything indoors, the last few weeks. Most of
my creativity has been in the garden. I know to
most of you, this will seem very old fashioned with
all the gold!
My new look for the foyer.
I just love ferns!! The mirror was a yard sale find, $5.00. Notice the shell design at the top, it is also on the chair and matching stool. There is a second candle holder on the other side of the mirror, the fern is hiding it.
What do you think? More pictures or not?
The plant stand is a trash to treasure project.
A friend gave me the scrolled pieces I used
for the feet, the post is an old wooden broom
handle and the actual tray that holds the plant
is a tray that had saw better days. A little paint
to unify all the pieces and you have a plant
stand! I placed my folding card table/fire screen
over the AC vent to help hide it a little, such
a big ugly thing.
Well Thanks for visiting. Don't forget to let me
know what you think!
Bye For Now,

11 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my goodness, your fern is absolutely gorgeous. I can't get them to grow at all, so I finally resorted to a really nice faux one. I love your plant stand, and the mirror is fabulous. What a wonderful find. Your vignette is just beautiful. Such an inviting welcome when you walk in the house. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I think the vignette looks pretty as is. I have never had any luck keeping ferns alive in the house. I have 6 outside now, but they will die when it gets to cold for them in late Fall. I am not spending much time outside now days - to hot here.
Have a great week.

Stacey said...

I think that vignette is beautiful. Love the fern perched way up there. Live plants in the house make such a difference. They soften the edges a little.

Love the Decor! said...

that is such a healthy wonderful fern!!
Thanks for stopping over for a visit!!

Sue said...

Sandy, This area looks really nice- and that fern is gorgeous! I like the chair, the stool and the other accessories. You said you are trying to hide the air intake vent- Would you consider painting it out in the same color as the wall? It would help blend it into the background. I've used this trick many times in my house and for clients. It does work!
Thanks for coming by for a visit and leaving a sweet comment.
:-) Sue

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Girl I love the Boston fern...and the plant stand you made for it is too cute...now I also love Gold...I have a house full of it I'm like you I live with things that make me happy to see each day..fashions come and go...Love the fire place screen...very pretty thanks so much for sharing your wonderful home with us..Hope you have a GREAT week my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Thanks for visiting today and introducing me to your wonderful blog. You have created a warm, friendly entry that says "Welcome". Very nice, creative, too.

Rachel said...

Looks like a great place to rest your weary bones! I love ferns too but I still managed to kill the one I bought!

The Barnett Family said...

Girl you just surround yourself with what you love and dont worry about the rest! Your fern is beautiful. I keep my from year to year as long as I can! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love your gorgeous fern! They dry out on me. My thumb is no longer green! :) Love your plant stand. I've been looking for one that's tall like yours. You've made a very lovely area.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Barb said...

Hi Sandy, thanks for joining the Rooster Party. I have you linked and look forward to seeing your post.

See you on Friday or before :-)

Barb