Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Old Silver

Thanks to Marty at
"A Stroll Thru Life"
for hosting today.
Just some old silver in my bathroom!
Good use for an old silver tea pot! Thanks for visiting.
Bye For Now,

11 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Sandy girl I love this idea for the silver coffee pot Ok I'm going to steal this one for sure...love it girl..Hope your having a great day my friend...loved the Paula Dean book WOW!! to live like that and get paid for it ha ha!! Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
ps I also love that song Buttercup by the foundations one of my favorite years ago like in the 60's

Anonymous said...

What a pretty set up! I like your old coffee pot filled with flowers! I have my grandmothers pot and have done this before! Love your vignette.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Vanessa said...

What an elegant arrangement! I love the color pallette and how beautifully it all came together!
Thanks for sharing it with us,
Vanessa
http://southerninmyheart.blogspot.com
p.s. I became a follower!

Sandi (Meme) said...

What a great way to use your silver coffee pot. I wouldn't have thought to put it in the bedroom. Have a great week. Sandi

Jeanette said...

How lovely. In our recent move the lid to the coffee pot that matches my Thanksgiving dishes was lost. I thought about putting an arrangement in it. You have convinced me to try it. Everything is just lovely.

Debbiedoos said...

What a great idea you shared with us Sandy...I have a feeling you will be seeing it around some:)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

A very pretty vignette - you did good! I need to be more creative with the things I have around here.

xinex said...

Beautiful, Sandy! And from what I can see, I love your bathroom...Christine

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

This is SUCH a beautiful post!!! LOVE the silver coffee pot... I'm joining to follow you, I'm HOPING you will FOLLOW ME to and take a peek at my goodies!!!
Hugs, Donna

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh what a beautiful vignette. The flowers, tray, clock, candle and the pearls are just perfect. I love the use of the silver teapot. How perfect. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Stunning. Hugs, Marty

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sandy...

My friend, it's been awhile since we've visited...how are you doing? It was so nice to have you come by and take a peek at my Summer's Tea on the Veranda...I really enjoyed your sweet note, my friend! Thank you!!!

Well Darlin', I love silver and the silver that you have in your bath is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us...such a treat!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design