Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Double Post

Today I am doing a double post. I will be joining Barb at
Grits and Glamour for Tea Time Tuesday and Cuisine
Kathleen for Let There Be White Tablescape. Thanks Barb
for hosting this event, everyone be sure to join Barb and the
the other participants for a great party.
Tea in my niche all done up in purple. Mr Bumble Bee
has decided to join us.
Looks like we have s0me pretty chive biscuits and some
green tea with fresh mint from the garden.
A black tea pot.
A prettylittle purple tea towel.
Some jam on our biscuit, a little Paula to read.
Always fresh cuttings from the garden.
Hope you enjoyed our little Tea Time now lets hop on over
for a visit in the garden for a Let There Be White Tablescape
lunch for two. Now just follow me...
Everyone please be sure to visit
Cuisine Kathleen and all the other participants for
for some great ideals.
Lunch for two in the garden, with a beach theme.
Care to sit down and join me. We have pearls as
napkin rings and sea shells as place cards. Looks
like some sweet tea will be served.
Tiny white flowers nesting in our pearls.
More flowers scattered on the table.
Starfish plates for our salad.
White iron stone for our lunch plate as well as our charger.
White handles on our silverware.
More white flowers on the table.
Oh look, a placesetting for me!!!
I hope you have enjoyed our Tea in the Niche and our
Lunch in the Garden and will visit again soon. Please don't
forget to leave a comment, everyone is also invited back
for Thursday party at Susan's, we will be having dinner
in Tuscany.... See you then!!

25 comments:

Kammy said...

So pretty and two ! Double score !!
I think I need to go make some bisquits and jam - I love that Paula too ! Come see me on Thursday for Tablescape as I used Paula Deen dishes ! Anyway, I love your little settings - great job !
Hugs ~ Kammy

ellen b said...

Oh both settings are so pretty. I really love the lavender color in your tea post. I'm doing the white, too but in a different post. I love your white on white. Very nice!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sandy, the tea looks devine. I love the pretty flowers and the biscuits and jam sound so good right now. YOur white table is stunning. I love the pearls as napkin rings, and the pretty starfish plates are so lovely. Great double post. Hugs, Marty

Lady Katherine said...

Love the dishes, the pearls, the shells! I adore the purple dish the biscuit is on!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Very pretty! I love the pearl napkin ring :)

~Susan

Barb said...

Your tea things are so lovely. I enjoyed seeing them.

Barb

Kathleen said...

Lovely! I love the starfish plates and the conch shells place markers..And the pearls..always classy!
Thanks for joining the party!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I love the idea of using pearls for napkin rings! Your settings are so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! Love your double table settings! I love your dishes with the flower on them!
Your White party table is so lovely! love the pearls and shells!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown said...

Thank you for tea! It was just nummy! Your white table scape it beautiful.

~Liz

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

What wonderful inspiration you have given me. I love the pearls used as napkin rings. After all pearls do come from the sea, so they fit right in with the starfish plate and the shell name tags.

I would love to have tea with you, too.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is all just beautiful! I so enjoyed looking at it, your are very talented to put all this together. Love the white, and the pearls, etc! The lavender is also pretty!

Katherine

Printersdevil said...

Very nice post. I love the way you used the shells.

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Really pretty!! I love the agapanthus plate, I almost bought those when I saw them...Beautiful post! See you on Thursday!

Lorna ~ Lace and Ivy Cottage said...

Tea with biscuits and Paula? Perfect!

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Very pretty settings...lots of work to do all those photos...

kate said...

Beautiful, I do love the anagypta, and your plates too
kate

Foley said...

The beach theme was beautiful, especially loved the pearl napkin rings.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Loved your purple tea party & your white tablescape.

Carol said...

Love your whites! Very pretty!

Suzy said...

Love the touch of pearls and the beautiful starfish plate!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Oh...yummy tea!!! The biscuits and jam sound so wonderful!!!

The tablescapes are lovely...the white is just sooo pretty!!! I love the starfish plates!!! Well done!!!

Happy Tablescape Thursday!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Anonymous said...

I loved this table scape!! It had some very "personal" touches that I truly appreciated! Such a dear friend. You have a way of transforming every day things into the most fabulous to behold! Kudos to you on another great job!

Anonymous said...

I loved the "personal" touches this little setting provided. You have outdone yourselve with yet another great layout. Kudos to you!! Love, Kim

Patricia said...

Great blog!
I love your vignettes~
I am so excited to read through it!
I will be back soon!