Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

First Post

This is my first trip into blog land with my very own pictures. I will be trying to participate in Whats on Your Walls Wednesday hosted by the very creative Barb at Grits and Glamour. Thanks Barb for all you inspiration. Be patient PLEASE, I'm new at this!!!! I will be showing you pictures of my library/music room tonight, as I said in my profile, I love antiques. The first picture hangs over my Grandmothers antique desk. It was painted by Gilbert Smith in 1914. I purchased it at a antique shop while living in Charleston. The second picture was also purchased in Charleston at a tag sale (I think he's just toooo cute). Last but not least another of my favorites, the violin was purchased at another antique store in Charleston with Amazing Grace hanging above!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

everyone stop and give my mommy sum lovin, she is new at this she will welcome anyone, so enjoy her blog!
HER LOVING CARING DAUGHTER,
Caitlyn