Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas!

It's Monday and time for
Metamorphosis Monday at
So be sure and make a stop at Susan's
for a peak at all the great inspiration,
you are sure find there.
It's been a little crazy here this week.
We lost all power Wednesday afternoon,
and shortly after lost most of our water
pressure. This was a two day event, in
December, not the best time of the year.
All due to a wind storm!
What made it even worse for me was the
fact that we had ordered a shiny new
black refrigerator! Now they delivered it
set it up, polished it before they left at
1:30 pm and the electricity was lost at 1:45 pm.
Now to say that I have been the brunt of allot
of jokes from my friends is an understatement.
But all is well now! I almost lost it though, when
I didn't get to post for Tablescape Thursday!
So onto the Christmas metamorphosis of the
dining room.
This is what it looked like through the fall.
Now, dressed for Christmas.
I carried the fruit theme into my Christmas
decorating using gold and burgundy.
A little Asian chest spilling over with fruit.
A simple plate rack with large gold trays,
gold and burgundy topiary and a grapevine
wreath with gold fruit.
I didn't use a Christmas tree in this room this
year. Instead I did something I had saw in
a hotel lobby. I used clear mini light on my
ficus trees, layered pine cones around the tree,
added gold poinsettias, burgundy and gold ribbon
and gold Christmas tree ornaments.
My Santa in a antique chair.
I hope you enjoyed your visit, and come back
tomorrow for more Christmas decorating at
Thoughts From Over The Rainbow, I'll
be there, providing I have electricity!
I have to go now I have missed four days of
ideals and eye candy.
Bye For Now,
Sandy

12 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Everything is so pretty! I also love the gold and burgundy combination. I also had a power outage recently (late yesterday afternoon) But was not getting a new fridge!! :) Power came back on in about an hour - thank goodness as my home was starting to get a little cool!
Have a great week.
Glenda

Atticmag said...

I adore the chest with the fruit. Going to steal that idea ;)
Everything is really lovely.
Jane T.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how pretty all your holiday decorating is! I hope you keep your power. Thanks for your visit today - yes I had a blast!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

everything is just beautiful, love all the decorations, you have done just an enormous job and are just so creative, love it...

Nancy said...

Very nicely done. I like the little lights in the Ficus tree!

A Hint of Home said...

Very pretty! The fruit chest looking wonderful.

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. You have such lovely Christmas decorations! I love your ficus tree with lights and the Santa beside it is so pretty. Merry Christmas!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Everything looks so beautiful.
Cute blog paper too.

I wanted to let you know Google is all messed up and my posts are not showing-come by I am still posting away.

Cheri

Lana Kim White Austin said...

I LOVE, truly, the ficus tree Christmas presentation/vignette. Great job on everything! Many blessings, Lana

Anonymous said...

Very good blog background and images, Christmas fruit baskets will also be the great celebration for christmas

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Sandy! Your home looks so warm, inviting and festive!

Unknown said...

Love your color combinations ... so rich, warm & welcoming.

You left us on Christmas Eve while we were in Mass … how precious of Jesus to pick you for this precious day to help prepare His celebration.