Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Nature's Metamorphosis and A Mantel

A big thank you to Susan at
for hosting this event.
Be sure to stop by for wonderful inspiration.
Remember my decorations from last week?
Well Mother Nature was very kind yesterday.
We went from this....
and this..... to This, less than a couple of inches, but soooo beautiful.
Now if you talk to me in February, I won't be thinking this
is so beautiful!
My fall mantel....
Dressed for Christmas.
The mantel in my living room.
This is the room where my largest tree goes and all the
gifts. Come back tomorrow and I'll show the totally
decorated room.
I have had these nut crackers for years.
I think I have nine large ones,and several smaller ones.
I have six grandchildren remember!!!!
And the stockings were hung...
with care.......
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you stop by tomorrow
to see my completed living room for
Deck The Halls.
I'll see everyone tomorrow!!
Bye Fro Now,
Sandy

15 comments:

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

I love your nutcrackers and mantle area--so wonderful. SNOW!! I hope we get a bit this year--oh I hope so. My daughter lives 3 and 1/2 hours north and it makes a difference. She sees snow. I don't recall where you live; I will have to check.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your decorations are beautiful, but you can keep the snow. I am tired of Winter already.

Kammy said...

Love your snow ! We have at least a foot or more outside - it has been snowing for 24 hours now....
Love your decorations and that glow of light !
Kammy

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty Sandy! I love that picture off your deck/porch. What a nice picture that makes!

Kelee Katillac said...

Your home looks so warm and inviting! Love the outside with the snow..and the hearth is welcoming!

Stop by....

love, kelee

Sonia said...

Wow what a metamorphasis! I love the pictures of your snow covered home! Looks like a Christmas card! Such a pretty mantle with the nutcrackers! Thanks for visiting! Miss Bloomers/Sonia

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

How fun! The nutcrackers and stockings look great! Th snow is beautiful...

Unknown said...

Everything looks so festive and pretty. Love your pond, your nutcrackers (I collect them) your snow covered home and your cute santa layout. Thanks for your awesome visit.

Room to Inspire said...

Great photos - love the snow! We haven't received any flakes here in Seattle yet...but I am always wishing for a white Christmas.

Chelsea

Fabulously French said...

Snow, you are so lucky. We are hoping that we get some snow here in SW France but at present it is still quite warm and rainy :-(

Love your mantle!

Leeann x

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

I love your collection of nutcrackers. Pretty mantel! And the snow - wow! Linda

Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst said...

Very pretty! I am always excited about snow, throughout the Christmas season. Then I wish it would go away. :-)

Lori E said...

Your room looks so cozy, warm and inviting. With 6 grandchildren the fun level there at Christmas must be through the roof.

Nancy said...

So cozy and, okay, we had the same snow in Vermont, I'll take it for now. But, in May, may it please be gone.

Brenda Pruitt said...

How beautiful your home looks with all the decorations! And I have to say the outside of your house looks so serene out there with the tree branches framing it. It is beautiful, what Mother Nature has brought you.
Brenda