Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Double Post Sunday

Lets join Susan at Between Naps On
The Porch and Rhoda at Southern
Hospitality for two delightful events.
Now what do you think this and.........
Two of these would ever have in common?
Two of these, of course, with a little black paint thrown in
for good measure. Each one is different and unique.
The belts were all found at the Thrift Store in the
monthly bag sale. How's that for recycling?
Now what do two of these and.......
This have in common?
This is my Family room wall.
This was just plain drywall, my husband and I hauled
rock in and put it up. I am redecorating this room and
want to get a little edge to it. I am planning on using the
two chairs in this room. I hope to have it complete in a
couple of weeks.
Another thrift store find for $1.00.
Now looks like this!!!
And will be the star of my Christmas In July Tablescape
this week.
This was my find at a garage sale, I was a little late
getting there .50 for all this. I hope you enjoyed
our little visit and will visit again soon. Don't forget to
leave a comment, suggestion or even a question.

8 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a clever idea to use the belts to weave new seats for the chairs. I love it. All of your finds are wonderful. I really look forward to your Christmas tablescape. Hugs, Marty

★Carol★ said...

Well, the picture of your wall just makes me want to see more! It looks great! And what a great idea for the chair seats too! Genius!

Suzanne in TX said...

Hi--just started following your blog--I love how you used the belts. That is so innovative and clever. Your 50¢ haul is amazing! Hope to see you over my way soon...

abeachcottage said...

wowza love the chairs!

happy thrifting

Blondie's Journal said...

The whole wall around your fireplace looks like it could have been made out of the same fieldstone as mine....so you can guess I like it!!

Don't keep me wondering what you are going to use those great ladderback chairs for!!

xoxo
Jane

Kammy said...

Great job at the garage sale - I love 50 cent things !
Love your chairs - now if that isn't cleaver !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Now that is really a great way to recycle belts. Is it comfortable?? Those are cute chairs. You found some good stuff.

Nicole A. said...

What a neat idea for using the belts on the chairs! Love your wall and Great finds and at only 50 cents! Awesome!