Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Primitive Celebration

Welcome to another Tablescape Thursday hosted by
Susan at Between Naps On The Porch. Please be sure to
visit Susan and all the other great tablescapes you will
find there. Thanks Susan for hosting this party.
Once again this week we are on the deck. Just a little
Welcome for everyone. Seems there is always a rooster hanging out at my house. If you get a little chilly in the mountain air feel free to use
the blanket.
Maybe you would like to rock awhile and have a glass of sweet tea. We have a grapevine tree for a centerpiece and another rooster hanging out.
A simple and casual place setting. Festive place cards.
Red and blue serving pieces and of course red, white and
blue place settings. A few stick on stars for the glasses to
make them festive.
The tea picture belonged to my great grandmother and if
we run out of glasses we always have the mason jars.
Mr. primitive rooster.
A little outdoor lighting for the evening.
A festive window.
The chairs got a little color as well.
Three different layers of cloth. A desert table.
These plates belonged to my grandmother as well as
the candle, it's an oil candle. The red bowl and serving
pieces were gifts from a dear friend.
I hope you enjoyed our primitive celebration and will
visit again very soon. Please feel free to leave a comment
or suggestion. I would like to wish everyone a very happy
and safe Forth of July. See you Monday.

14 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how lovely. Your tablescape is just gorgeous. I love all the red/white and blue and the way you've used the grapevine and rooster. Your mason jars and holder are such fun. Your patio is decorated beautifully for the holiday. I really, really like the way you decorated the chairs. All of your heirloom pieces are such wonderful possessions. So very pretty. Hugs, Marty

abeachcottage said...

wow this is lovely, lots of detail, my fave is the chairs...

happy tablescaping

Sarah

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I really enjoyed seeing all your 4th decorations on the deck! Love the roosters!

I also have a 4th of July tablescape this week.

Happy Holiday!

Katherine

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

How festive! I love the check napkins! Happy TT and 4th!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Thanks for the tour! You have some cute patriotic pieces - happy 4th!

Melissa Marie said...

I love all of your patriotic decorations!! So Cute!! :)

Barb said...

Hi......I just love it all. So wonderful and colorful.

Happy July 4th to you.

Barb

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, I did truly enjoy this! The serving pieces are gorgeous! And the outdoor setting and the roosters and just everything! Love it all!
Brenda

Printersdevil said...

I love the idea of layering the colors on the tablecloth! I love to drink from large mouth Mason or Ball jars. We're big on iced tea and love the quart sized ones. Nice job on this!

Mary said...

Great table, happy 4th! :O)

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Enjoyed your tablescape. All the different elements come together beautifully! Oh and I liked your tablecloth layering... very creative! Have a Happy 4th!!

Simply Debbie said...

This is my first time to your blog and I really like it. It is very warm and welcoming and I love your americana theme. Your wreath was very pretty...I like how it was made very much.
I love your desert tray...very pretty and I love that you have old and new in your tablescape...I think mason jars are a very cute idea and I have used them before. I use to eat at a resturant that only served your water, tea, and pop in mason jars.
I love how you folded your napkins to hold the silverware...
I joined as a follower and I hope you will visit my blog and join as a follower.
My 100th post will be on July 4th and it will show my decorated front porch. I will be having a give-away.
Angel hugs
debbie

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

You tables are wonderful, so festive. I think I will keep my lamps, they were such a great deal, but now I am afraid I will need new lower tables...lol

Printersdevil said...

I came back by to mention that I am hosting a Christmas in July Tablescape Party at my Playing Dishes blog. There will be one held each Saturday this month. Please come and participate or at least visit. A holiday tablecloth will be given away on the last Saturday, July 25. Info on signups is available by clicking my sidebar memes available on both my blogs.

I am also having a weekly Christmas giveaway at my Christmas Memories in My Heart blog. Weekly entries are closed out a midnight on Wednesday for this.

Hopefully some of you tablescape regulars will pull together a tablescape for CIJ or pull out some photos from last year to post.

Happy CIJ!