Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Silent Night

Thanks to Felicia at Playing With Dishes for hosting this
CIJ party. Please be sure to visit Felicia and all the other
participants who are joining this party for some great
ideals.
Do you remember that time at the Holidays when you
just need a little alone time? This table scape represents
time. You still have the Christmas cards to sign and
maybe a gift or two to wrap.
The Christmas cards are ready to sign.
The last gift is wrapped.
Now for some me time.
A nice cup of hot coffee, the plate is Anchor Hocking,
I used a white charger under it. The place mat is also
gold just doesn't show well in the picture.
A gold ribbon as a napkin ring.
Gold silverware.
Small gold dish is Fire King.
Don't forget a little desert, always the best part of the meal. I hope you enjoyed our mini tablescape of Christmas in July.
Please don't forget to leave a message or a comment. I will
see everyone Monday.

9 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh that looks so pretty. Love the gold and the napkin is just beautiful. Perfect for a light meal and some quiet time. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

Sooo pretty! I also love the gold colors. Are you serving hot chocolate? I always like to drink some when I'm making out my cards. Thank you for sharing. Everything is just lovely.

Jadehollow said...

The gold color of your dish reminds me of a set my grandmother had.. lovely setting.
Debbie

Chandy said...

What a great table! That napkin is gorgeous!

Printersdevil said...

What a wonderful idea. We don't get enough me time! This is perfect and I can just feel the stress drifting away. The gold is beautiful.

Thank you for stopping by and Playing Dishes today at the CIJ party. You are the first guest today!

Bill said...

I like the nice warm colors you selected. The theme is impressive as well -- with your thoughts of getting the cards sent, gifts wrapped, etc. I'm most impressed with the chocolate goodie on the plate! Looking at it makes my taste buds wanna dance!!!

Bill

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very pretty! I really like that china!

Katherine

Aggy said...

That's a cute idea! After all the day's excitement of shopping, cooking and planning, a little space of comfort.

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Great take on "silent night" and the things to get done so we can enjoy the lovely setting for one you created.

DD