Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Color, Color Everywhere

Please be sure to stop by Susan's at Between Naps On The
Porch to see all the beautiful tablescapes and for some really
good ideals. Thanks Susan for hosting this event.
The star of my table this week is this colorful pitcher that
was a gift from my friend Kim. Thanks Kim!!! I used a lime green tablecloth (doesn't show well in this picture), then some vintage fabric on top with multiple colors. Each place setting got a floral arrangement and the center piece this week is the food.
I love all the color.
I used multicolored plates as my chargers and lead
crystals for the dinnerware.
The napkin rings are lime green, once again the color
doesn't show well, they are just some beads I had around
here, so I put them to good use. And who can find lime
napkin rings?
These plates remind me of the 70's. Telling my age there!
I have had these little glasses for years, love the bright
color.
Silverware is my mismatched antique silver that I have
collected over the years.
Each little vase is different.
There is one piece of desert left, if you would like it!
And of course my favorite bread, just wish it was real!!
I hope you enjoyed our little colorful dinner and will
come back soon. Please don't forget to leave a comment
or a suggestion. Thanks everyone for your kind words
and encouragement. I will see everyone for Foodie
Friday and for Christmas In July tablescape.

15 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love all the bright and cheery colors. The tablecloth is lovely. The plates have such pretty flowers on them and then all the lime colored accents are just perfect. YOur new pitcher is beautiful. What a fabulous gift. Hugs, Marty

Lori E said...

When you go for colour you don't mess around do you? Wow that looks so fun and happy.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What fun to build all that around your new pitcher! You do have color color everywhere - splash!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! What a wonderful colorful fun table you've set! I love the flowered plates and they do look like the 70s! Love that stuff!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Tablescaper said...

Love the color!!! The vintage cloth goes so well with that little pitcher. Happy tablescaping - The Tablescaper

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

I love the vintage fabric! Happy TT to you!

Michelle said...

I love tables with mismatched silver and plates. To me it's so much more interesting then matchy/matchy!

Dana and Daisy said...

very eclectic! I can tell you are a collector of many styles!

Tricia said...

Very pretty, I especially like your mismatched silverware!

Barb said...

Hi Sandy, wow, there is bright and cheery color everywhere....love it. Your table is inviting and lovely!! Great job.

Barb

xinex said...

Love your table topper and all your bright and colorful plates and accessories. Pretty pitcher!..Christine

Fifi Flowers said...

I'm with you... LOVE all the colour!!!

Scrappy Girl said...

The colors are great...love those green glasses.

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love all your color! The plates and the table cloth and the pretty, pretty glasses. I love the silverware (why didn't I think of starting a collection of these years ago? I'd have quite a few by now!). Yes, the color makes me smile!
Brenda

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Very nice. I love all the bright colors. The plates remind me of the 70's too. Groovy!

Christi