Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Simple Bean Dip and Chips

It's time for Foodie Friday, be sure to stop by
Designs By Gollum for some fabulous recipes.
This is a quick and easy Bean Dip that I make for a snack.
1 can Black Beans 1 can Diced Tomatoes ( I use tomatoes that have
Basil, Garlic and Oregano in them)
1/2 cup Onions or to taste
1/4 cup Chives or to taste
Garlic to taste
I drain the liquid from the veggies, reserve some for
later or if needed.
Best if you chill and let the flavors blend together.
I quarter these little babies. A little deep frying.
Sea Salt, Allot of paper towels, and you are ready to go.
Hope you try this recipe and enjoy it.
If you like Mexican food you will like this.
We love Mexican food, but the nearest restaurant is 45
minutes away, and that tells the ending to this story
(cooking at home). See everyone at CIJ Saturday.
I had a request for the Berry Crisp recipe from last
week, some people were saying they could not read it.
So here we go, and enjoy!
1 cup uncooked oats, quick cooking or regular
(not instant)
1 cup all- purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4-1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, or
hazelnuts)
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3 cups fresh or frozen berries
1/2 cup sugar (or desired amount) Mix oats, flour and brown sugar. Add nuts. Cut in butter or
margarine until crumbly. Grease or spray and 8-inch square
pan. Place half of crumb mixture on bottom. Mix berries
and white sugar and pour over crumb mixture. Top
with remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350
for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.

1 comment:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

MMMM... this looks delicious!

I came back to take a peek at more... but I thought I better stop here to comment.

You have so many beautiful tablescapes! and I love your ideas..

Thank you for coming by and also for your kind comments. haha I was quite curious about Copper and Lola! At least in those photos, they really do favor each other...and how funny that you were able to capture them both licking their lips! :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

I see that you also started in June... Agh! I am so slow at posting! ...but much fster than when I started, thank goodness.

Also, I was going to email you instead of leaving a comment...but yours came up as from noreply (that was another thing I learned after sending out sevderal to noreply...the emails dont get to where I thought I was sending them to!)