Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Double Post

A big thank you to both of our host tonight. Be sure to visit
and be prepared for some fantastic eye candy.
As I said last week, I am showing my finished guest
bathroom, or at least almost finished. We still have a
few little things to do, but at least this ugly site is
gone. So here we go!!! As you can see we had a state
of the art pure country 80's medicine chest.
And don't forget the Glam lights!!!
A new mirror, and new lights.
The candle holder was found at the Thrift Store Friday
$1.50
Drip, drip textured ceiling.
No drips, just a little chandi, I know it looks blue in this
picture but it is actually a pearl white.
No more green stick on tiles.
I used a bucket painted red for a garbage can and of
course my we have the, no ideal what it is thrift store find.
Plain textured walls before.
A new towel rack to match the knobs on the chest and
a little wainscot for some texture and brightness.
Anyone remember the Old Spice shaving mug? My Dad
had one, this one came from the thrift store .50. The little
silver box on the sink belonged to my grandmother.
Well I guess we will be leaving for now. We need to put the
door on, after all someone might want to use this little space.
I hope you have enjoyed your little visit, and will come back
soon. Please don't forget to leave a comment or suggestion.
I will see everyone at Tea Time Tuesday.

10 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The bathroom turned out stunning. You wouldn't ever believe it was the same place. I love all the fabulous details. Just gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Things That Inspire said...

I love it when people make a bathroom really special with a chandelier and art! Great job.

Sarah said...

Ooohh! I love it! Great job!

Nicole A. said...

Love love love your bathroom and I love the sink on the chest, that is beautiful! This has to be my favorite transformation! Love it!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

What a change! Love the vessel sink and the chandy!
Great job!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! Oh, what a gorgeous bathroom! I love everything you've done! That bowl sink is spectacular! Great job!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Claudia said...

Oh my -- what a lovely transformation.

REally love the color change-- spot on!

TTFN~~Claudia ♥

susan said...

This looks like a new bathroom! Did you scrape the ceiling? I love the new vessel sink and all your extra touches in the details!

Sandy@CoppernThings said...

Susan,
I did scrape the ceiling and take it from me it's not a fun job. In fact I have scraped the ceilings in every room on our main floor. Eight rooms!!!! This is the only room upstairs I have scraped due to the simple fact all three bedrooms have carpet in them, not something I want to deal with. This area of the house is mainly used for guest I guess thats the reason I have been able to tolerate the drip drip. Thanks for asking.
Sandy

Brenda Pruitt said...

It is beautiful! A really ambitious project here. And you did it justice!
Brenda