Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Tropical Affair

It's time for another Tablescape Thursday
thanks to our hostess Susan at Between Naps On the
Porch. Be sure to stop by Susan's to see her beautiful
tablescape as well many other beautiful and
inspiring tablescapes.
Welcome to A Tropical Affair
After seeing Susan's large beverage container last week
I was inspired to use mine. We are back in the dining room
since the weather will not cooperate, its really rainy and
very chilly here.
Everything is dressed for the tropics.
I drug out dishes I usually use at Christmas for the table
and there are others that you will have seen in older
tablescapes. The tablecloth is really a dark forest green
just not showing well in the picture. I used gold material
on top of the green for a little punch.
Always fresh fruit in the tropics. A bowl ready for a fresh salad.
I used gold candles for our dinner. We have a candle here
hiding in the grass.
Fresh fruit at all the place setting and I see a pineapple
peaking out.
This is the serving tray I won at the Company picnic
playing Bingo. It has a little white serving dish that
goes in the middle, but this little pineapple fits so well
for this occasion.
Our sideboard is also dressed for the occasion.
We have some colorful little cordial glasses.
The settee is dressed for dinner.
I used straw place mats, off white dinner plates, a gold
salad plate, then layered from there for a little drama.
I used tea towels for napkins and of course the silverware I
have used in several tablescapes, they just seemed to
go well with everything.
I have several of the little green plates, they were given
to me by a dear friend who has since passed away. And
every time I use them I think of her.
Night is coming and we are ready to sit down and eat.
The large base of this vessel is actually a removable
bowl.
A night view of the table.
Thank you for joining me at A Tropical Affair, I hope you
enjoyed your visit. Please visit again soon and as always
feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or ask a question.
I will see everyone at Foodie Friday and at Christmas
In July, Saturday, for a little unexpected on my
Christmas tablescape, you see, I have never made it
to the attic, ummmm that should scare you.

16 comments:

The Fajdich Times said...

Very nice! I totally love your beverage dispenser:)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love your tropical tablescape. All of the accessories and dishes are so pretty. I love the absolutely gorgeous drink dispenser. It is just stunning. You've put together another beautiful table. I love it. Hugs, Marty

The Tablescaper said...

Love that beverage dispenser. Where did you get it? - The Tablescaper

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Sandy, well from a Floridian, I'd say you succeeded in making it look tropical! :-)

Love the color of that cloth! And I love the all of your layers on that table. And that cool beverage dispenser among a million things I see that I like! Great job! Hope your weather improves, but it looks like you had fun playing inside! We did, too!

Happy Tablescape Thursday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Unknown said...

Very pretty tropical tablescape. You did a great job putting all the elements together. Your drink dispenser is so pretty!

Barb said...

Hi Sandy, love your tropical table and all the pretty colors. Every little detail has been attended to. Simply lovely!!

Barb

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Wonderful tropical tablescape!!! You did not miss a detail!!!

Happy TT!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Signing Out said...

Such a fabulous tropical table! Great drink dispenser!

Jane

Printersdevil said...

I was about to comment that I loved the color of your tablecloth, then read that it was not showing well. So...

Lovely table. I love the tropical feel to this. Your drink dispenser is very pretty and unusual.

I am so glad to see you are coming to the final Christmas in July Tablescape Party. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Blue Creek Home said...

What a fun tropical tablescape!
Everything is lovely.
Rhonda

Eileen said...

Oh, very 'Casablanca'! I love it all! You did a great job!
All the best,
Eileen

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Nice that you can create a tropical feel indoors! That is a great tray you won and very versatile. I like how you put the pineapple in it. Terrific 'scape!

DD

Cass @ That Old House said...

Love the tropical tablescape -- I'm coming to YOUR house for a party!

Looks like fun, and pretty, too!
Cass

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Fun tropical tablescape. Love your beverage dispenser on the sideboard. the table looks nice with the evening candlelight. Hugs!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is very pretty! Love all the special details you have.

Katherine

Unknown said...

How lovely to do a tropical tablescape. We all want a tropical vacation and you have one right in your dining room. The beverage dispenser is great and you can really use it with those lovely glasses. The closest tropical area to us in Texas is South Texas along the Gulf.