Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Friday, July 24, 2009

A Very Red Christmas

It's time for another Christmas In July Tablescape.
Please be sure to stop by Playing with Dishes, for some
Pre Holiday decorating ideals.
A night scene of my table. As you can see I just gathered some pine from the yard added a few pinecones I had handy as well as a few lights. I used the bow planter For the top of my make believe Christmas tree. Then I used ribbon from the top of the center piece to the chargers to make it look a though they were hanging. The red you see in the pine is actually individual dressing dispensers with red tops ( I forgot to take a picture of them sitting out, pressure from the teenager in the house to get this off the table before her friends saw Christmas dishes on our table in July). I did cheat a little I am using the same green tablecloth from tablescape Thursday with a red cloth on top and the same silverware. The chargers are from Hobby Lobby and I used the cut crystal dishes again. Two red napkins and two green napkins with gold napkin rings. The little bow plate is a dollar store plate I bought several years ago. The glasses are from Wal Mart.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend and I will
see everyone Monday.

7 comments:

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Great job of putting together a CIJ! I wish I had access to my Christmas stuff, but it's high in the attic, out of reach!

Katherine

Signing Out said...

This is so pretty! I love the centerpiece.

Jane

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, this is so pretty and it looks like you really have a tree. You did a beautiful job, Everything is just gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Printersdevil said...

I love the creative use of the pine! It looks like a tree. I had to laugh about your teen. My family gave up on me long ago. They live with Christmas music and decor all during July! We have even had a few groups of friends over for dinner and one for dessert all while using a Christmas table. They know that I am a Christmas nut. I often get Christmas items for my birthday---which is July 22.

Thanks for participating. I loved your table.

Bill said...

Nothing says Christmas like RED! Great job and wonderful photos!

Happy CIJ!

Bill @ Affordable Accoutrements

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I'm back with another comment. I just posted two CIJ tablescapes and wanted to tell you since I said last night I didn't have one. I found some Christmas plates I had forgotten I had!

Katherine

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Hi,
I love this table setting, the centerpiece is very creative. The present plates from Dollar Tree, what a great find. Merry christmas in July! & you are invited to my party.
`Myrna