Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, January 18, 2010

A Dressing Room Table

It's Tuesday and party time again!
So make a stop at
and visit with Diane and all of today's
participants at 2nd Time Around Tuesday.
Then hop right over and visit with Barb at
for Tabletop Tuesday, for lots of eye candy.
Thanks to both Barb and Diane for hosting
these events.
This is just a little table I have in the dressing
room part of my bathroom. It's an odd little
space between two pocket doors, one leading
to the master bedroom, the other leading to
the walk in closet.
The table is a hand-me-down, from my Mother
(Thanks Mom, again), one of the legs had broken
off and my Dad made the repair. It was a really
dark wood, and the repair couldn't be hidden sooo,
whip out the paint. The flower arrangement was also a yard sale
find as well as most of the accessories on the
table.
You can see the legs of My Lady, she is another
estate sale find. The Gentleman selling her
said, he bought her back from France, she
rather scantly dressing, so I didn't show the
full painting, so as not to offend anyone.
A bottom view of my second hand table.
Don't forget to notice the dust bunny hiding
under the table.
Bet you wished you had one!
A .50 thrift store find. I added the white paint.
A little marble swan, brings the marble up
from the floor.
Thanks for stopping by.
I will see everyone Thursday at Susan's.
Bye For Now

17 comments:

Jeanette said...

That is so lovely!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty setting. Many of some of my favorites are included, marble, swan, cherub, pearls, beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing. Bet I have more dust bunnies than you do!!!! :-D

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh, hon, you can keep your dust bunny...I have plenty of my own here in AZ!!
Your table is lovely...I had one very similar to it years ago...but, alas, no more!

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Heyyyy - how did your dust bunny get over here at my house, and why are the procreating so fast? LOL

This is just a darling little table. I love the white-painted candleholder and beautiful floral arrangement. Thanks for joining in this weeks TT. Have a blessed week, Barb

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I really like that harp table and the color is very pretty! The other accessories are perfect as well!

Katherine

Phyllis @Around the House said...

My favorite is the harp table, love it, hard to find anymore...

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Gorgeous table, Sandy! Your dust bunny can come and play with all of mine! : )

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous. Love that table! Everything goes so well together. Rosie

Barb said...

Hi Sandy, this is so pretty. It just makes me smile!!

Barb ♥

xinex said...

I love that table (especially the legs) and I love everything on it and how you displayed all the items....Christine

xinex said...

I love that table (especially the legs) and I love everything on it and how you displayed all the items....Christine

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love your wonderful table. It is gorgeous. Your flowers, the marble figurine, books and even the pearls spilling out of your little box make the perfect vignette. I just love it. Hugs, Marty

susan said...

Sandy-I love your table. I like having pretty things in the bathroom! You wanton womany you--your estate picture from France looks as if it may be beautiful and surely "art" and not "smut" :)You are the only one who notice the dust bunny :)!!

vignette design said...

Really cute vignette. I love how everything relates together. --Delores

Debbiedoos said...

What a nice display of pretty treasures!

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

What exactly is a dust bunny? I don't believe I have ever seen one (insert innocent look here). Believable enough?? Love your vignette.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Your table is wonderful. I love all the goodies on top.. what wonderful treasures you have. Thank you for stopping by and saying hello I loved having you. Pop in any 'ole time. hugs ~lynne~