Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

More Than Enough Snow!!!!

I'm joining Susan at
for Metamorphosis Monday.
Be sure to drop by and visit with
all of today's participates.
It's been a while since I have posted
anything. Not only were the Holidays
super busy, but throw in a wind storm,
major snow storm, state of emergency,
loss of electricity, loss of all food twice
and that really throws a girl off schedule!
We are talking six days with out electricity,
less than a week before Chritmas!
Just a few pictures before I show my
makeover!
This is what we woke up to one week before
Christmas, fifteen inches of heavy wet snow!
We lost several very old trees due to the
weight of the snow. My little deer and pond were well hidden.
But look at the bright side of things.
This was only the first day of no electricity
for the teenager.
Trust me she was not this creative the other
days!!!!
Now for my make over!
While cruising Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago,
I saw a mirror that caught my eye.
I already had a mirror from the thrift store
and had already painted it black, so I
picked up this paper.
My thrift store mirror.
The little shelf was also a thrift store find, sorry
my S is upside down. A little black ribbon
thrown into the mix.
My version of the Hobby Lobby mirror.
You can also see the ugly ceiling fan that
Mr. Copper~N~Things thinks is a necessity
in the room, NOT. Trust me it will be
leaving, even if I have to change the
fixtures myself. I'm a little afraid of
the electrical stuff, but a girl can learn!
Thanks for stopping by, I apologize if I failed
to get back to anyone, after my last post.
I hope to get back into the swing of things
this week. I had allot of time to just sit and
think of things I would like to do.
Bye For Now,
Sandy

7 comments:

Kammy said...

Hello ~
Love your snow pictures !
Great thrifty makeover on that mirror - I adore that black and white !
Happy New Year ~
Kammy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great snow photos - but please keep the snow up there! Really like the redo. The scrape book paper looks familiar(love it) - have a few sheets around here.
Happy New Year.

Allison Shops said...

Oh my gosh, so sorry you lost some trees. We don't get snow often and I always dread that part of it! Black and white is always a nice touch. Fun makeover.

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

The letter is a great idea! Wow, and that snow is something!!
Happy New Year!

Tardevil said...

I would just D-I-E! No heat, and no hairdryer...all before Christmas. UNBEARABLE!!! But, glad you survived.

Marigene said...

Beautiful pictures of the snow! It is so pretty when it first comes down, then it can melt as far as I am concerned!

Dixie said...

Gosh that's a lot of snow... South Carolina! It's cold here in S.Texas too! 30-degrees and I don't own a coat... I may have to wear my Snuggies to work... LOL

just kiddin... I don't own a Snuggies... guess I'll just layer... Thanks for stopping by French Lique... hope you'll come by again soon.

Hugs. Dixie