Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

From This To This


Here are a few photos of my dresser turned kitchen island and
much needed counter space.
Remember this?
 

And This?

 
A little better, don't you think so? I still haven't gotten the hardware on the drawers yet.
I want to add a little more character and get reproduction hardware online.
 
 
 
 
 
 
So being used for a quick meal, extra prep space for cooking or a place for my burlap pumpkins to hang out, I like my island.
 
 
Thanks for visiting.
Sandy
Linking to Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday.



7 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks beautiful - and what a bonus to have all that extra storage beneath the counter as well!!!
Great job :)

20 North Ora said...

Sandy - What a beautiful transformation! Looks great and will be so useful as well as good looking!

Judy

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

That is an amazing transformation! Perfect kitchen island. Lots of storage, counter top, and pretty too. Well done! laurie

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing it progress. It's really a wonderful inspiration!
Your kitchen floor looks like our...except our black and white is painted on !

Paula@SweetPea said...

Wow! I never would have thought to turn a dresser into an island. This looks great!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this looks wonderful and looks like you have lots of storage too.
Thank you for your kindness!
You are a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Christie said...

Happy New Year! I hope 2013 brings you much laughter, joy and peace! Blessings to you! Christie at Three Pixie Lane