Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A China Cabinet and a Sneak Peak


My china cabinet dressed for Fall and a sneak peak at my
kitchen island.
Everything here are things I have had for years.
So I have lots of reds, golds, orange and browns.

 
I decided since we use this room so much, I would stack
my collection of antique quilts on top. Some are family
quilts and others are yard sale and thrift store finds.

 
There are all sorts of different colors and patterns,
some are machine made others are hand made and have
many, many little mends. Can't you just imagine someone
sitting and mending them before they were placed on
the bed for the cooler nights?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
These are hanging iron candle holders for the fireplace.
They also work here!
 
 
 
 
So now a sneak peak at my island. I am so excited to have
the extra counter space. We used the island at our old house
everyday. Granite was my first choice for the top, then I started
to think that might be to much black, so I decided to go with
wood for now. I can always add the granite. All I have to do is order
the handles and find stools. So maybe next week I will have the reveal.
 
 
 
 
Thanks for visiting.
Sandy
Joining Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
 
 
 



2 comments:

Karen said...

Pretty dishes just perfect for fall and what a great quilt collection. Your island is great too. Thanks so much for visiting me.

The 2 Seasons said...

Love the fall colors. It looks great and I am sure gives a great feel to your house. Happy Fall