Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, September 3, 2012


Here are a few more pictures of the porch. The little bear and tricycle I have used for years and just keep changing the arrangement. I saw the fringed pumpkin in a magazine the other day while waiting on some friends. I can't remember which magazine it was but I thought it was really cute and of course had to copy it. I already had the fringe and the pumpkin. The covers on the settee are made from recycled valances I already had. They didn't work in this house so once I took them apart I had about six yards of fabric and they worked for this project. The fabric in both valance was very heavy duty, the brown was a canvas and the multi colored was actually lined and I was amazed at the amount that was in each panel.

 
 
 
 
 
The other side of the porch. I sat another pumpkin on two grapevine wreaths, added more fringe, a bow, feathers and flowers. The lamp was already on the table, I removed the harp added a smaller shade and I think it works.
 
 
My recycled lamp shade is made from an old skirt. I found this 100% silk skirt at a thrift store carefully took it apart, the fringe I had in my stash. So now I have two lamp shades and two pillows from this one skirt.
 
My straw pumpkin in the bottom of the table.
Thanks for visiting.
See you soon.
Sandy
Joining A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday


7 comments:

Debbi said...

You have a lovely porch and I just love the way you decorted it for the fall.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how fun. Love the tassel pumpkin, that is so creative and all of your decor is gorgeous and so perfect for fall. Love it. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

The Farmers Daughter said...

Love the fringed pumpkin! And, your wonderful porch is so inviting. Fall has definitely arrived at your home!

Nici @ Posed Perfection said...

I love your front porch. What a wonderful place to decorate...and you did it so beautifully! I am your newest follower. I wanted to thank you for stopping by Posed Perfection yesterday and leaving me a sweet note about the Fall decorations. I hope you'll visit again soon and maybe even follow me back. Have a great week!
Blessings,
Nici

Sherry said...

You did a wonderful job with decorating and your teddy on the bike is the cutest! Enjoy the festival.

Sherry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn Wood said...

I love how you have made your porch over for fall! It looks so cozy and the lamp is A-MAZE-ING!!

Lynn