Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Meet My New Island


A great thrifty find for this week.
Meet my new kitchen island!
I know she looks really rough, but it is a very sturdy piece, with lots of storage space.
A great deal at $35.00, delivered!

 
So the next time you see her she will be stained black, have new drawer pulls and a granite top.
 
 
The two top drawers will be great for flatware storage and I love the curve.
 
Thanks for visiting.
See you soon!
Sandy
Joining Southern Hospitality for Today's Thrifty Treasures


4 comments:

Susan said...

I LOVE it and can't wait to see it all fixed up. You really scored!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

You got a great deal- it's gorgeous, even with its bumps and bruises! :)

Kirby Carespodi said...

That is quite a coup! It'll look great.

Helen's Decor said...

Fabulous find for $35!!! I cannot wait to see the completed island! Good luck, Helen