Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Muted and Subtle


My living room mantle dressed for Fall. I used lots of subtle and muted colors trying to keep things simple and maybe, a little more historically correct. I have no ideal and doubt they even decorated for Fall in the 20's. Sorry for the horrible pictures. I have a terrible time taking pictures of this mantle for some reason. I have literally tried morning, noon and night. I don't know it it's the reflection from the mirror and windows or what. If anyone has a suggestion please let me know.


 
 
 
 
 
 
Some dried hydrangeas from the yard in an old McCoy urn with pine cones in the coal bucket.
And that is my living room Fall decorating.
 
 
Thanks for visiting.
Sandy
Joining A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 


3 comments:

chateau chic said...

Your mantel is stunning! Love all the different elements you used. Great stack of books.
Mary Alice

Custom Comforts said...

What a pretty mantle! I like the dark muted colors - it looks so warm and welcoming and very historic like time held still. Very nicely done.
No advice on the picture quality. I have certain rooms that don't photograph well either. I think it is a light issue, but I don't understand the workings of a camera well enough to make the necessary corrections.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hey Sandie love the fall decor...don't have no tips for photography I have problems myself,some projects if I can I take out side to photo,this inside stuff is tricky..I have a small canon that will let me change to indoors setting,have you tried that?...
I love your mantle the wood is gorgeous too.