Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Back Porch Dressed For Fall



My back porch dressed for the summer months.
 
 
Here are the Fall changes. Everything here I have had for years. With the move last year I didn't get to decorate for Fall, so it seems new to me. As I was unpacking I found several things I had forgotten about.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 

 
 
 
I stacked a couple of grapevine wreaths together, added a cloche, rooster, straw and eggs.
 
 
Nothing says Fall like an old tattered quilt and some rooster pillows.
 
 
I tied ribbon around the candles and added four small Dollar Tree wreaths for a little texture.
 
 
 
Table for two.
 
 
The lantern gets all dressed up.
 
 
Now a good book, hot coffee and relax.
Thanks for visiting.
Sandy
Joining Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday


11 comments:

Okio B Designs said...

I love your porch! And your fall touches are just perfect! Coming over from Between Naps on the Porch. I am your newest follower!

Jeanine

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I love your Fall porch too! We are moving in 2 weeks so everything I own is packed. I am DYING to get there and deorate!!!!! Love your "fireplace" and how you dressed it. XO, Pinky Came over from Met Mon.

the cape on the corner said...

what a great space! i envy that you can leave all this stuff outside and it won't get ruined by the elements or stolen, lol.

Anonymous said...

Love your porch and your happy fall,did you make the sunflower topiary?...this is fantastic!
I'm visiting from Make it Pretty Monday.I'm new follower,come visit and follow back if ya can.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Looks like your back porch is ready for fall. Great fireplace!

Unknown said...

Your porch looks great! I love the fall banner and the cute chicken under the cloche!

Gail said...

Your back porch is darling all dressed for fall! I love your fireplace mantel.

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Your outdoor mantel looks fabulous all decked out in its Fall decor!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, the whole thing is totally amazing. Love the fireplace vignette and the sofa is fabulous. Well, I think it is all fabulous. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Goodness!! How warm and inviting!!
I just LOVE it!!

Hugs,
Deb

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh, what a wonderful place to sit and enjoy the outdoors. It also makes such a welcoming entry for guests. Love the way you decorated it for fall. laurie