Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fall Harvest


It might be a little early, but the porch has changed for the season.
You see the Fall Harvest Festival starts in our little town next weekend and guess where it starts?
Yelp right in front of my house, so I had to have the porch decorated for Fall.
I guess the price you pay for living on main street!
 
Summer
 



Now ready for the festival.
 









 
You can see that I took the lid off the urn and placed one of my ferns in it, then changed all the pillows and furniture covers to rich burgundy, browns and golds.
 
 
A sneak peak. I'm still tweaking the tables and will show more.
 
 
Remember my thrifty find table from last week?
 
 
After a little stain and cleaning.
 
 
Almost dressed for the festival.
 
 
Everything you see, with the exception of the ribbon I used for the bows, are things I've had for years and I just keep changing them around and recycling them year to year.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for visiting.
See you soon.
Sandy
Joining Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
 


5 comments:

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Who wouldn't love that porch? So inviting and your colors are perfect for fall!

Helen's Decor said...

Hi Sandy, your home and decorations are beautiful. Ferns and porches are 2 of my favorite items. Have a fun day! Helen

Unknown said...

Beautiful decorations. Love your cushions. Happy Fall!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Your Fall decorations are beautiful! I love the fern in the urn too.

Dee

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Love your Fall decorations on the porch! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse