Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Getting There

 A few more shots from the chimney wall of the kitchen.  I have been able to clean up a bit this weekend after all the deconstruction. You cannot even imagine what a mess I had after taking the stucco off the brick, every cabinet as well as all the dishes had to be washed after my chiseling and  taking down that old paneling. So today was a fun day, I got to hang some of my copper and rearrange a couple cabinets.


Getting There! 002

A new range and hood are in the future as well as new counter tops. We are planning new cabinet doors, but not until the kitchen floor is sanded. We took the remaining layers off the floor and exposed the original floor, not as bad as I expected but still pretty bad.

Getting There! 008


Getting There! 011


Getting There! 010


Getting There! 021


Getting There! 023


Getting There! 019

So Thanks for stopping by,
See you soon,
Sandy
Linking to: Inspire Me Tuesday
and

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Your brick looks sooooo good! Nicole would proud.

And your copper pieces look like they are happy to be out and visiting with their friends. I know how much work and dirt and crud you went through, we did also. Uncovered one whole brick wall in a bathroom. But it was worth it!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, you kitchen looks amazing and I adore the brick, copper pots and cutting boards. I love the copper above the oven too. Stunning. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty