Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, January 20, 2014

A Simple Mantle



 A simple mantle for my granddaughters bedroom. I put this together so fast, by just gathering things I had stored in the room. 

January Preservation 2014 015

Both my daughters ballet shoes, a vase of cotton, clock and my youngest daughters 2nd grade school picture she gave to her Dad for Fathers Day many years ago.

January Preservation 2014 018

The lamp shades were just brown paper and I hot glued old lace and pieces of fabric to them.

January Preservation 2014 020

January Preservation 2014 019

You can see the reflection of the ceiling fan in the mirror, that will be gone soon I hope. I have a stained glass light to put in this room. Another change this week I hope to get around to is pulling up the green carpet.
The last room of carpet in the house.

January Preservation 2014 016

 Thanks for stopping by. I hope to have a full view of this room soon. I now need to clear out all the furniture and start cutting carpet, from what we saw the floor is better in this room than the last. I hope that holds true.
Maybe nothing but a very light sanding.

January Preservation 2014 016

See you soon.
Sandy
Linking to:Inspire Me Tuesday

2 comments:

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Love the cotton in your blue vase, so very pretty! Such a sweet touch adding touches from the past...charming!
Blessings,
Cindy

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Great idea for the lampshades! I'll have to remember that trick.